Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Sling does not load

Jump to solution

Removing power from the Roku device, and powering back on is what cures this issue for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same thing here!  This finally worked for me.  Must do in this order.

1. Remove Sling TV:  do this by going to Roku home screen and in the sling app press the * and scroll to remove.

2. Restart Roku: do this by going to Roku home screen and scroll to settings, then power, then system restart, and restart.

3.  Add back Sling TV: do this either by pressing the sling button  on your remote or goto Roku home screen and scroll to search.  Search for sling TV.  

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was getting an issue with the Sling channel not connecting (while all others were connecting fine), and it was coming back with Error 12-23 saying it could not connect to the authentication service or it would just sit there forever on the Sling splash screen with the spinning wait cursor.  In addition I was finding that I was unable to login into Sling.com from any of my computers and it would show a "Attention Required! | Cloudflare" captcha page, but then after I logged in, it would just repeatedly take me back to the login page.  We also noticed a similar redirection that was happening for various (but not all) https web sites.

I was able to figure out that removing the wireless router from the network path by connecting direct to the cable modem resolved the issue, so this narrowed the problem down to the router.

I went into the router and noticed there was a firmware update available.  After applying this, it still exhibited the same behavior, but I noticed there were some settings that needed to be re-applied.  Once I reconfigured the router and saved the settings, everything started working for both the computers and the Roku devices.

I wanted to share this here in case it proved helpful to other's situation as it was a very frustrating 24 hours without things working correctly here.  Hopefully this will save someone else from that same frustration.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This totally worked for me. I hadn't done it in that order before. Thanks!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This did it. I had uninstalled and reinstalled and signed out on other devices. Doing it it in this order fixed the problem. Thanks ChristyK!!

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks ChristyK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks!!! Worked 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issues--anything out there to resolve the issue-Thanks-Sharon G

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Look at ChirstyK's fix.

Totally worked for me and others, was easy. Hope it works for you... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Serial # : 2NOOF3955016

decice ID: 5VA59F955016

IP ADDRESS: 192.168.1.66

wirelwss MAC address : B8:86:87:EC:C1:9D 

INSIGNIA MODEL NS-48DR420NA16

0 Kudos