Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
val3400
Level 7

Re: Sling does not load

This worked for me.
Home screen: Settings: System: System Update

Click on check now, updates occur, click OK.
0 Kudos
Elijah_Baley
Level 8

"OnlyHereIfItsBroken" wrote:
No its not fixed..
Rebooted wifi didnt work
Remove channel and add didnt work
Roku update- none available
Reset network connection didn’t work

Have I forgotten anything else that didn’t work?

If you did not reboot your Roku in between removing the channel and readding it then, in reality, you did nothing. The cache and other memory used by the app does not clear unless the Roku is restarted or other apps are installed that reclaim the memory and only a restart is assured to clear the memory.
For me Sling works fine on my Rokus BUT I find that it is VERY clumsy and hard to use, in particular skip forward and back do not work well at all. On my Fire TV and my Shield TV Sling is absolutely stable and all functions work very well.
It should be noted that I run all my devices wired so I never have connection problems. For me wireless is just too prone to interference and the such.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
lmacmil
Level 7

"Mransom" wrote:
Same exact issue with all the same apps.  Out of no where, showtime, hbo, slingtv won't work at all.  YouTube, prime all just fine.

Had this problem with Hulu today.  Tried all the suggestions, still didn't work.  Netflix and Amazon worked fine.  Tried again 2 hours later and it worked!  I had done nothing in the 2 hours.
0 Kudos
Kramer83
Level 7

We just did all the steps in that order and it worked! Thanks, we had tried everything but not in that order. :-)
0 Kudos
jps
Level 7

I received Roku Express Stick as part of new Sling TV subscribe 10 days ago, TV only show Sling homepage but cannot launch any channels, I have contacted Sling support and was told to contact Roku. Roku does not offer any live support for Roku Express device. I cannot watch any TV since day 1. only solution is to cancel Sling subscription and throw away Roku stick (Sling charged $60 for 2 month subscription). Any advice helps.

jps

0 Kudos
natas333x2
Level 1

Same issue here.  Cannot get past the Sling splash screen.

SV:  9.1.0

Build:  4121

0 Kudos