Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Sling does not load

Jump to solution

Hi @LidiaR,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1.Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2.Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3.Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How do I resolve audio playback issues on my Roku ...

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Den1
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had numerous problems with Sling that were finally resolved when my Internet Service Provider (ISP) assigned a "public IP address" to me instead of a dynamic IP address.  

In the meantime, you can try to reboot your ROKU device by unplugging it for a minute or so and then plugging back in.  If Sling still doesn't load, try deleting the Sling app and re-installing it.  

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Den1 wrote:

In the meantime, you can try to reboot your ROKU device by unplugging it for a minute or so and then plugging back in.

You can also reboot your Roku using your remote, in case this is more convenient than unplugging the unit.

Roku Device:  Settings > System > Restart system

Roku TV:  Settings > System > Power > Restart system

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos