Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Sling does not load

Jump to solution

I did try ROKU Support.

i was directed here.

I am saying it isn’t our serice provider, nor the equipment.

It is a problem between Sling and ROKU, and neither are willing to speak if it.

Maybe fee negotiations?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Did all the same things TV downstairs Samsung no issues. Upstairs Roku it’s a nogo.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

That certainly suggests a problem with Roku, however, I wasn't able to load Sling on my desktop computer either, and that's completely independent of Roku.  Still waiting for a response from my ISP and Sling.  I'm beginning to wonder if it's a wireless router problem but I'm reluctant to replace the router until I hear something from tech support at my ISP and Sling.  

I assume you're using a wireless router.  Just out of curiosity, what kind of router do you have and what's the model?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the new Verizon router but my Samsung TV runs Sling fine it’s just the upstairs Roku TV that won’t load Sling. May have to shop for a new TV. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a tcl roku tv, and every time I have this issue with sling not loading I disconect tv from power for about 10 seconds. reconect power to tv and that seems to do the trick,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tadah! You’re a genius, it works!  😝

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Here's an update.  In addition to the support request at my ISP, about 10 days ago I also initiated a support ticket at Sling.  The customer service rep that took my request said to check from time to time to see if Sling would load which I did.  Communication at Sling is pretty bad:  I never heard from anyone at Sling's support department.  However, a few days ago, Sling suddenly started working again.  I checked with my ISP; they said they hadn't done anything, so it must have been something that Sling support did.  That lasted a couple of days and then a new problem:  Sling loaded but the individual channels would not.  Another support request and a day later everything was working again.  I have no idea what Sling did to correct either problem, but it's been corrected, at least for now.  So, if you have a problem with Sling not loading, call Sling at 855-729-0069.  Explain the problem.  You'll probably have to go through the customer service rep's scripted trouble shooting procedure.  If/when that fails, ask the rep to open a support ticket.  Hopefully, you'll get results as I did.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the feedback.  I will try that. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was having a similar problem.  I work from home and for one of the applications I need to use, I had to change my DNS settings to OpenDNS.  I did nothing else, and miraculously, Sling TV and FreeSpeech TV (FSTV.org) started working.  I don't have a good reason why; others have indicated that dynamic DHCP might be the issue, but I didn't change any DHCP settings on my router.  I use a NetGear Orbi r5 series. 

Hope this helps those who are still having this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi! 

I have the same problem. I try removing the Sling app and doesn't.

0 Kudos