Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Sling does not load

Jump to solution
This worked for me.
Home screen: Settings: System: System Update

Click on check now, updates occur, click OK.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution
"OnlyHereIfItsBroken" wrote:
No its not fixed..
Rebooted wifi didnt work
Remove channel and add didnt work
Roku update- none available
Reset network connection didn’t work

Have I forgotten anything else that didn’t work?

If you did not reboot your Roku in between removing the channel and readding it then, in reality, you did nothing. The cache and other memory used by the app does not clear unless the Roku is restarted or other apps are installed that reclaim the memory and only a restart is assured to clear the memory.
For me Sling works fine on my Rokus BUT I find that it is VERY clumsy and hard to use, in particular skip forward and back do not work well at all. On my Fire TV and my Shield TV Sling is absolutely stable and all functions work very well.
It should be noted that I run all my devices wired so I never have connection problems. For me wireless is just too prone to interference and the such.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
"Mransom" wrote:
Same exact issue with all the same apps.  Out of no where, showtime, hbo, slingtv won't work at all.  YouTube, prime all just fine.

Had this problem with Hulu today.  Tried all the suggestions, still didn't work.  Netflix and Amazon worked fine.  Tried again 2 hours later and it worked!  I had done nothing in the 2 hours.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
We just did all the steps in that order and it worked! Thanks, we had tried everything but not in that order. :-)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I received Roku Express Stick as part of new Sling TV subscribe 10 days ago, TV only show Sling homepage but cannot launch any channels, I have contacted Sling support and was told to contact Roku. Roku does not offer any live support for Roku Express device. I cannot watch any TV since day 1. only solution is to cancel Sling subscription and throw away Roku stick (Sling charged $60 for 2 month subscription). Any advice helps.

jps

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue here.  Cannot get past the Sling splash screen.

SV:  9.1.0

Build:  4121

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have been having issues with Sling on my Roku Express+ for the past 3 days. None of the live TV channels in Sling will play - I keep getting the error 8-270. I did everything recommended by both Sling customer service and that I read in Roku support community - removed channel, restarted device, added channel back - even waited for 24 hours before trying again. Nothing has worked. Sling works on my computer and phone, so I've been told this is a Roku problem. I would really appreciate some resolution on this and not being sent in circles, like I have been for the past three days. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
I've been having the same issue for the last week. I have two roku's and both of them are having difficulty loading the sling app however my other apps on the Roku have no problem. I have installed uninstalled I have restart at the system I have install system update switch we're already updated. I am not having any positive results at all please help
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can’t even get Roku to show the Sling or Hulu on my Roku devices. Tried everything online, nothing works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

This is bad advise. Sling does not do anything. They say that they are not required to let you know if they fixed the issue. It is questionable if they ever truly escalate your case to “engineering” as they refuse to give customers a case number as proof of call. When asked for two weeks rebate they say “ Sling is a pre-paid service and we do not offer rebates.” So Rocky is supporting a business that feels free taking our money even when they know that issues exist and they do not feel at all accountable to report issues to client....in other words ‘We will keep taking your money until you figure out that we are not fixing your connection issues.’ Don’t waste your time calling them....cancel and be sure that Roku does not send them money after cancelation because this has happened to others here and you will never get your money back from Sling. Roku, Why would you offer a company with these unethical practices to consumers? I am looking at all of these posts and cannot believe that you are still letting your customers access their app. There should be consequences for scamming customers ( taking money for failure to deliver service...as Sling clearly is doing from our experience and this thread. Roku should reconsider affiliation until Sling cleans up their act.

0 Kudos