Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Sling does not load

Jump to solution

Yes, I am having the same problem for the past three days. I have deleted the Sling app and reloaded it each day. Nothing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had the same problem. Deleting and reinstalling sling did not help. My tv came with Roku. Unplugging the tv for a while fixed it. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem.  I've been using Sling for 6 months and it's worked perfectly until yesterday (7-24-2020).  Now the app won't load.  I've contacted my ISP and they've been absolutely no help at all.  I contacted Sling and they say its a problem with the ISP, which I believe is correct.  When I use my Verizon mobile hotspot, Sling works again.  When I switch back to my ISP, total failure.  I've deleted the app and re-installed it and now get a message that streaming is not available in my area, which is ridiculous since I've been streaming for the past 6 months!  Sling says this error (11-6) appears when the ISP sees an IP address from outside the United States.  I am DEFINITELY inside the USA!

Bottom line, Sling blames the ISP and the experts at the ISP are clueless.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sling is not the only pp that won't come up. All this happened after ROKU did there unannounced software update.  Even trying to go to Settings and Update setting and all I get is that its trying to align the solar panels....really.  Sling, Amazon prime, You tube- none will ome up....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Did you get this resolved?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It was "kinda" fixed.  I'm in a rural area and have wireless internet service, which is rather slow by today's standards and not always reliable.  My ISP told me they were having problems with one of their towers but said it had been fixed.  One of their techs came to my house and aimed my antenna towards a newer, closer tower. That helped for a few days, but I still have problems.  Sometimes Sling will load right away, sometimes it takes 5 or 6 attempts to get it to load.  I'm contacting my ISP again, but I expect more finger-pointing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you so much I had same problem Sling was not loading on Roku Tv...login page was not appearing. After doing system update on Roku as suggested here it worked

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem today. I have called Sling and they haven't been able to figure it out. I have shut Roku down and turned it back on several times. No luck. I have taken Sling off and put it back on. No luck.

Sling works on my laptop but not on the television. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Did you try system update in Roku?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

No, I didn't. Don't know that I know how to do that, but I'll try. Thank you