Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coker
Level 7

Sling does not load

Anyone having issues loading Sling on Roku? I have 3 Rokus and it doesn't load on any of them. Was working fine yesterday. Today it just shows the Sling splash screen, doesn't even get into the app. Other apps like Hulu are working fine.

I can load Sling on my Android phone so only the Roku seems to have an issue with Sling.

I have checked the network, rebooted Roku and the router, uninstalled and reinstalled the Roku app but none of these has fixed the issue.
0 Kudos
14 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Sling does not load

Settings > System > About:

• Serial Number/DeviceID

• Firmware version and build number

Post that information when you can.

For troubleshooting, please try deleting the channel, rebooting the Roku, and then re-adding the channel.

Thanks.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
alelaba
Level 7

I am having the exact same problem. It just freezes on the splash screen and only triggers an Exit Sling Tv if I press the Back button on the roku remote. I never even get to the login. On the other end, all other apps in Roku are working well and I can also access Sling in my mac or iphone, so it seems the problem is only the Sling app on Roku.
Any ideas on how to address this?
Serial # of device: YP002E562928
Firmware: 9.0.0 build 4114-29
Thanks!
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the note here. Have you contacted SlingTV support yet to inquire further and ask for additional assistance with their channel (app) on the Roku platform? 

We'd recommend trying to remove the SlingTV channel from the Roku home screen (go to the channel tile, press the * key and choose 'Remove channel'), restart your Roku device, then once the device restarts, go ahead and add the channel back once more. 

If that isn't clearing up the issue, let me know and we can continue looking into the issue, or if need, help get you in touch with SlingTV support for further assistance. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Gtomlinson1
Level 7

Was this resolved? I'm having the same issue now. Have 4 roku's. 3 different models. None will launch Sling. I have removed the channel, unplugged the roku for 10 minutes, added sling back, but it still won't launch. Was working fine for 6 months then just stopped. I've also noticed the following will not launch: HBO NOW, SHOWTIME, !!ROKU CHANNEL!!, HULU, CBS ALL ACCESS, Fox News. I can launch: Netflix. Prime video, spotify, and Vudu.
I have even tried putting my smartphone in hotspot mode, connecting my roku to it. Nothing changed. The same channels will, and won't launch.

Serial # YHOOA3132O36
Software Version: 9.1.0 build 4111-50
0 Kudos
Mransom
Level 7

Same exact issue with all the same apps. Out of no where, showtime, hbo, slingtv won't work at all. YouTube, prime all just fine.
0 Kudos
Chennigh25
Level 7

Seems after my Roku Ultra decided to update itself, these are the steps I took to get it working.
1. Remove channels in question.
2. Reboot Roku and internet router
3. Reload channel(s)
After this it was working ok, but the video was behind the audio. I then pushed the “B” button at the bottom of the remote and it straightened itself out. I have no idea what that button has to do with, but it made it work. Lol
Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
dewelar
Level 7

I'm also having this issue. Was working fine last night, but tonight I tried to start Sling and it tried for a second to load before returning me to the home screen. It did the same for my Spectrum TV app, but other apps loaded in OK. Sling also loaded fine on the Amazon Fire Stick on my other TV.
0 Kudos

No its not fixed..
Rebooted wifi didnt work
Remove channel and add didnt work
Roku update- none available
Reset network connection didn’t work

Have I forgotten anything else that didn’t work?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
val3400
Level 7

Same problem here. This is obviously not a Sling problem. The problem occurs after a Roku update. Roku please fix, and please do a better job testing your updates in the future.
0 Kudos