Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Streamnoob
Level 7

Sling Tv channel not in channel store

Hey everyone. I'm new to Roku and was on my way to adding channels to my list when I noticed there were a few that strangely wouldn't show in the channel store for me. To name a few: 

Sling tv, Pluto tv, and crackle all wont show in the channel store.

My devices is Roku streaming stick +.

Can someone help me figure out why I cant get these?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Sling Tv channel not in channel store

If channels are not available in the channel store when browsing on the device, there's two possible reasons. One is that the channel doesn't work on your device. That should not be the issue with your SS+. The other is that the channel isn't available in your geographical location. Not all channels are available in every country. And it also might depend on where you were when you created your Roku user account. If it was created on one country and you have now moved to another location, your account is still based in the original location. 

So, if you are located in the same country that the account was created, and the device isn't showing a particular channel, chances are that the channel isn't available in your location. Because of licensing restrictions for streaming media, the provider might not be able to legally stream the content in a particular location.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.