Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thrtyrs
Level 7

Sling TV does not log in

I installed the Sling TV app via my Roku device.
Entered my id and password. After doing so, the error message reads:
we're sorry! Error 10-3
Next, another error message:
Incorrect username or password. Error 10-1

What shall I do?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
CelticArche
Level 7

Re: Sling TV does not log in

Another post I read said to uninstall the app, unplug the Roku for 5 minutes, plug it back in and reinstall the app. And if that didn't work, to change your password.
0 Kudos
tuna33
Level 7

"thrtyrs" wrote:
I installed the Sling TV app via my Roku device.
Entered my id and password. After doing so, the error message reads:
we're sorry! Error 10-3
Next, another error message:
Incorrect username or password. Error 10-1

What shall I do?

I had the same experience trying to install Sling TV, my first and only app installation; didn't know a thing.  Here's my embarrassing account, sacrificing my humility for you:

I went to the Sling TV web site and, following their instructions, installed the Sling TV app.  All seemed to go well.  So I access my Roku, hit the Sling TV app icon, try to log in, and I'm getting error messages, etc., over and over as I repeatedly try to get this working Back to Sling to double-check, back again to Roku, etc..  I finally decided to call Roku, and fortunately found the phone number.  I spoke with a very nice guy who started guiding me through the activation on the Roku site.  After clearing a couple of preliminary steps/overview so that he knew where I was, he told me to enter my username and password after clicking on the Sling TV app.  So I'm relaying every single thing I'm doing (as if he were blind, which he functionally was at this moment), so I say, OK, I see the link, clicking it now.  He says, OK, put in you Sling TV username and password.  At that moment I felt that hot wave of embarrassment pass over me, as I realized that I was originally entering my Roku username and password.  I apologized profusely as I entered my Sling TV username and password, and found myself logged in to Sling.  The guy helping me was very nice, and did not even hint that I was a dummy.  So, maybe this is your problem, too.  If not, I don't have any other suggestions for you.

I was on a trial of Sling TV, and was having some problems with it, too.  What I found most confusing while speaking or chatting with tech support, is that everyone tells you to go into your settings and do this & that.  I finally realized that you have to have the Help Rep specify which settings:  Roku or Sling (or whatever).  Being a noob, having no experience, I was confused about this.  So, if I call for help, and they tell me to go to my settings, I ask which one in order to avoid confusion/clarify.  Of course, now that I've gone through this a few times, it seems obvious that I'm going to go into the app settings if I'm talking to a respecitve app rep.  But, you know, you have to learn as you go.  This whole Roku & apps thing was so, so foreign to me (and I still have a lot to learn).  Anyway, all is well now.  I set up all of my cord-cutting alternative equipment/features before going down to the Spectrum office with a box full of junk to turn in.  No regrets whatsoever.  Saving $75 a month now.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"CelticArche" wrote:
Another post I read said to uninstall the app, unplug the Roku for 5 minutes, plug it back in and reinstall the app. And if that didn't work, to change your password.

Generally, after removing the app, rebooting the Roku is sufficient. Of course, unplugging it for 5 minutes is a super reboot, so that does work too..
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"Basil" wrote:
"CelticArche" wrote:

Generally, after removing the app, rebooting the Roku is sufficient. Of course, unplugging it for 5 minutes is a super reboot, so that does work too..

If I could rate this reply, it would be at a +100!
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos