Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Sling TV app on two separate Rokus (same account)

Jump to solution

I have a roku account a@b.com

I have a Sling account c@d.com

Ok the Roku account I had a single device and was able to log into Sling normally (note the e-mails are different and my subscription to Sling is direct through Sling rather than through Roku/etc.).

I recently added a second device (Streaming Stick+) and linked it to the same roku account a@b.com

After installing the Sling app on the new (second device) it always goes into the preview/demo mode and trying 'sign in' from the app does nothing - it just refreshes to the preview mode.

How is this possible that the Sling app does not let me type in the e-mail address I want to sign in with?

Side note - I uninstalled and re-installed the app with no change.  I also have the Sling Blue that should allow three separate simultaneous playbacks so I hope this is not the issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Sling TV app on two separate Rokus (same account)

Jump to solution

@dantm2000 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Sling TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Sling TV support here: https://help.sling.com/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Sling TV app on two separate Rokus (same account)

Jump to solution

@dantm2000 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Sling TV support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Sling TV support here: https://help.sling.com/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos