Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Sling TV - Reduced volume level

In my case, the problem was fixed for all channels but one. I'm following up with Sling support to have it fixed.
Roku Premiere Plus
Version 9.4.0 Build 4188-29
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

It seems to come and go. They "fix" it only to go back a few days later. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything permanent; if I recall when I had cable different channels had different volumes as well. It isn't worth getting worked up about, since a remote control fixes the "problem" instantly.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I noticed this as well. Volumes could previously be "too loud" at around 9 or 10 on my TV. I noticed having to turn it up to 18-20 recently just to be able to understand what was going on. Recently, it has not been across the board and volume can vary greatly by channel.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am still having the issue. When you call Sling support, what do they tell you to do? Do they makes changes on their end?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I had to tell the Sling support that there is profound reduction in the sound/volume db level almost across the board. They acknowledged that there were aware of the problem and been working on the resolution. It took them 2-3 weeks to fix it though in my case.
Roku Premiere Plus
Version 9.4.0 Build 4188-29
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I only have the Sling international channel. (Mega pack). So it seems like its not specific to a channel. It's the entire Sling TV. Can't believe Dish Network launched an App without testing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the problem with the background sound being too loud and the people talking are very low. Any one else experiencing this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same issue with SlingTV .... the volume levels are all over the place for each channel. The History channel has all background music loud and the voices really quiet, opposite of what it should be. Other channels have differing volume levels, HBO seems normal. It has been going on for weeks.

Solution????
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Cancelled my service, as did not signup to be a beta tester. Good initiative, even better in terms of basic package and specially international package compared to Cable, but volume issue is really frustrating and just not acceptable. Feel Sling tv is not ready for prime time, and will reactivate service once critical issues are resolved..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

"jessifunn" wrote:
I am having the problem with the background sound being too loud and the people talking are very low. Any one else experiencing this?

+1 Background music and sounds over power spoken words. Smiley Sad
ROKU Premiere Plus
ROKU 4
ROKU 3
Tablo OTA DVR
Samsung 4K UHD TV
Hisense 4K TV
0 Kudos