Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Sling TV Playback Issue

I recently received a Roku as a gift. I set it up and got a free trial of SLING which, honestly made me really impressed. But I literally can’t get through one episode of any show without it stopping. Not only does it stop but there’s no option to continue watching anywhere. So I have to search for the show again, start it, fast forward, watch all the commercials again, just to watch for another few minutes and do it all over again. I know it’s not my internet connection cause I also have a fire stick that NEVER DOES THIS. On the very rare occasion that I loose a connection at least when it restarts I have the option to RESUME WHAT I WAS PREVIOUSLY WATCHING. I’m very frustrated and disappointed. Also the mobile app doesn’t work at all like it said it would. I Legit can’t watch anything without paying for the individual show on subscriptions I JUST STARTED A FREE TRIAL On! I bought this to help with being quarantined and it’s a major let down. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Sling TV Playback Issue

Did you need help or do you just want to vent?

I have had Sling for years and never experienced this at all.

If its freezing you likely are having connection issues with the net.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos