Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
empirefalls
Level 7

Sling TV Just Raised their prices

Effective immediately ....current users i believe will not see an increase til August 
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ghb51
Level 8

Re: Sling TV Just Raised their prices

Just checked Sling and Sling Orange and Blue are both $25 now, which is just bizarre, why offer Sling Orange at all if it's the same price as Sling Blue? Who would possibly get less channels for the same amount of money? At $40, YouTube TV is the better deal right now (imo of course).
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

They’re not the same channels. Lots of overlap, sure. But the Orange has ESPN and Disney, which are expensive services. Blue has Fox Sports. For me, Orange would be the better choice because of ESPN.

That’s not to disagree that YouTube TV being a bargain. But so is a Hulu with Live TV. And DirecTV Now. And...
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
ghb51
Level 8

"Basil" wrote:
They’re not the same channels. Lots of overlap, sure. But the Orange has ESPN and Disney, which are expensive services. Blue has Fox Sports. For me, Orange would be the better choice because of ESPN.

That’s not to disagree that YouTube TV being a bargain. But so is a Hulu with Live TV. And DirecTV Now. And...

Ahh, that's right, it's been a while since i've used Sling and i was thinking they used the Directv Now model of just adding some channels every tier.
0 Kudos

DirectTV Now also announced an across-the-board price increase.

Meet the new TV providers. Same as the old TV providers.
0 Kudos