Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lgb0250
Level 7

Sling TV Channel

Having problems with my Sling TV app. Hopefully somebody here has a fix because Sling was useless when I just chatted with them

Today I’ve been watching 3 channels off and on. USA, El Rey and Oxygen. At the end of each hour long show the screen turns black and it gives me 1-301 error code. I then have to back out and click on watch again and the next show starts.

Sling had me uninstall their app and then reinstall it. No help at all.

I have a Streaming Stick w/8.0.1 Build 4081
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Sling TV Channel

What is the model number of the Roku?  (Settings > System > About)

Can you post a screenshot of the error to a site like Imgur?

Thanks.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Lgb0250
Level 7

Its the 3800X. Will have to wait to get a screenshot because it only happens at the end of the show. The screen goes black and a error box opens with code 1-301 in it. Normally it goes smoothly from one 60 minute show right into the next one. Today it stops after each hour and I have to back out and press the watch button again before it starts the next show.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

I checked with a few people to see if this has been reported previously, but it hasn't, so I'll be interested in seeing the screenshot when you can provide it.

Thanks!
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos
Lgb0250
Level 7

Just happened again. At the end of the 10-11am show on USA I received an error code of 1-301 and he screen went dark. The error code disappears shortly after popping up so I was unable to get a screenshot of it but here’s what it looks like. The only way to move on is to back up and go to the watch screen again. Then it will start up the next hours show.

0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

I spoke with CS this afternoon.  We're going to have someone test for this issue.  If and when I get an update, I'll let you know.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
0 Kudos