Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dfgsrzwer
Level 8

Re: Sling TV App Really Needs Work.

"Clintonrebel" wrote:
I had the exact same issue. Trouble with Sling on Roku, all other apps work fine. I tried two things I saw on this forum and after that it works perfectly. The two things are 1) turn off the Roku and 2) uninstall and reinstall the Sling app. I don't know which one did the trick. I didn't even know you could do either, but I'm happy to have sling back in operation.

If it was anything but coincidence, it was the first option that worked. The second option is useless without the first.
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs
0 Kudos
Highlighted
rahilpathan
Level 7

Still lags freezes the phone remote, pushes the volume to maximum some time have unplug the power. It really suck. #Jan/2018

I gave 1 star out of 5 on playstore to both the apps app.Sling and Roku all apps and appreciate people do the same till they update the Sling app on Roku tvs.

Thanks
R
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Elijah_Baley
Level 9

I am not currently using the Sling app on my Roku but I was until about two weeks ago. I used it for about three months before dropping it at least for now. During that entire time I had absolutely zero problems and my neighbor, who continues to use it, also has no problems.

I do not use Roku's remote app as I find both RoByte and the Harmony app VASTLY superior.

The problem people sometimes have with Sling appears to be mostly to issues related to problems with the internet connection or they are using wireless connections. Wireless is inherently unreliable for streaming if there is any other problems at all. 

If I had to guess I would say most problems with Sling relate to the general difficulty of streaming live TV and connection issues. Neither of those are controlled by the apps mentioned. I think the Sling app is mostly fine but, like just about any app, there is always room for improvement.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
mohsin
Level 7

Install the sling app again. I think this will do the trick. Just figure out the issue and enjoy awesome TV online. You can also follow Neptunofilms for series and other popular TV shows.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
pariwiki
Level 7

Sling app is the best one. Why it is not working from your end. You can also follow the PinoyBay app for Tv shows & other good programs.

0 Kudos