Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vegas_driver
Level 7

Sling DVR Recordings & NBC

For some reason, none of my recorded programs I have on Sling will play. Once I hit the play button the screen is black. I dont even get the yellow wheel to show it is buffering. On my laptop, there is no issue. The live channels are fine, it is just the recorded programs. I have deleted and re-added the app many times. Restarted the Roku many times. But the same thing keeps happening.

And why is there still an issue with the NBC app?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DBDukes
Level 17

Re: Sling DVR Recordings & NBC

@vegas_driver wrote:

For some reason, none of my recorded programs I have on Sling will play. Once I hit the play button the screen is black. I dont even get the yellow wheel to show it is buffering. On my laptop, there is no issue. The live channels are fine, it is just the recorded programs. I have deleted and re-added the app many times. Restarted the Roku many times. But the same thing keeps happening.

Sling TV's DVR content is no stored on Roku. No content is stored on Roku, just the apps. If there is a problem with recordings, that's within the Sling TV app. If it's working on other content, be aware that the app could have an issue, or there could be an issue with the installed app on your device.

To attempt to fix that, try removing the app, then rebooting the Roku, then reinstalling the app. If the issue is with your particular installation of the app, that would clear that up. From what I'm reading, what you did missed the step about rebooting the Roku between removal and reinstallation. That's critical for a proper remove/reinstall. It's remove/reboot/reinstall.

@vegas_driver wrote:

And why is there still an issue with the NBC app?

What do you mean? What issue? If you're experiencing an issue, describe it.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
vegas_driver
Level 7

Thanks.....but yes, even though I failed to mention it. I reboot it every time.

Now, for the NBC app, I launch the app, and I keep getting an error code message that says "CloudpathErrorNoConfiguration". Then it prompts me to click "Back", and then "Retry". But when I go to click "Retry", nothing happens. And, like with the Sling app, I remove it. Restart me system, add it again, and I still get the same message. Is this NBC's way of trying to move everyone to Peakcock?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

@vegas_driver wrote:

Thanks.....but yes, even though I failed to mention it. I reboot it every time.

Now, for the NBC app, I launch the app, and I keep getting an error code message that says "CloudpathErrorNoConfiguration". Then it prompts me to click "Back", and then "Retry". But when I go to click "Retry", nothing happens. And, like with the Sling app, I remove it. Restart me system, add it again, and I still get the same message. Is this NBC's way of trying to move everyone to Peakcock?

It has been reported that "cloudpath" errors on NBC-related channel apps can be eliminated by logging out of the channel app then logging back in.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
vegas_driver
Level 7

How do I log out, if the app won't even load for me to log out? Can I do it on a laptop?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 17

@vegas_driver wrote:

How do I log out, if the app won't even load for me to log out? Can I do it on a laptop?

NBC/Comcast apps are a family of apps that all work together. Logging in to one can impact others. 

• NBC
  • E! Studios
  • Syfy
  • USA
  • Bravo
  • E!
  • Oxygen
  • Telemundo
  • Golf Channel
  • CNBC
  • MSNBC
  • Any app with NBC in the title

If you have any of these or other related apps, log out of each of them. Then remove the apps from any Roku device. Then reboot all Roku devices.

If all that is done, you will be logged out of all NBC apps.

DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
0 Kudos
vegas_driver
Level 7

Unfortunately, I do not have any of the other apps. For s**ts and giggles, I downloaded the USA app, but it wouldn't load either. Same error code.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 17

@vegas_driver wrote:

Unfortunately, I do not have any of the other apps. For s**ts and giggles, I downloaded the USA app, but it wouldn't load either. Same error code.

If you only have the one app, remove it. Reboot the Roku. You should be now logged out of it.

DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
0 Kudos
vegas_driver
Level 7

I've done that about a dozen times. And still getting the same error message. Will I have to do a factory reset? That seems like the only last option.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 17

@vegas_driver wrote:

I've done that about a dozen times. And still getting the same error message. Will I have to do a factory reset? That seems like the only last option.

I'm not sure that would work. A Factory Reset will remove all the apps from the device, but it also removes the device from the account.

When you are unable to successfully sign out of an NBC-family app, that's usually because the device is auto-logging it in, or logging it back in. The device will do that for an NBC-family app if there is another (or the same) NBC-family app on another Roku tied to the same Roku account.

However, you are staying that you removed all of the NBC-family apps from your Roku. You say you only have the one. I gotta say, that's really unusual. Often, if someone has one of that family of apps, they usually have more than one. They all work together, and if an app is installed, and finds any other NBC-family app on that account, will try to log in (or log back in).

Yes, a factory reset of that device may very well indeed fix it, but it may not fix it if the issue I'm suggesting is the cause.

Give it a shot. But I may suggest returning to this NBC-family of apps thing. If there is a single app that you didn't realize is part of the NBC family, then it could cause what is happening.

DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
0 Kudos