Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Sling Channel...

There is a major issue with the Sling Channel on Roku... It seems that it's been going on for some time... Ever since signing up for a Sling subscription, the Sling app on Roku, doesn't perform properly... First you have to remove the Sling Channel then add it back to your Roku player... Then the live channels will work on Sling, but if you leave to use a different channel like HULU or Netflix, when you return to Sling, you can no longer stream anything live again... You then have to remove the Sling channel again and then add it back... Once there, you have to sign out, then back into your Sling account again... This is NOT the way it's supposed to work... As well as Sling, I have AmazonPrime, DinsneyPlus, HULU, DC Universe, STARZ, Showtime, HBONow and Netflix... The only channel I have to go through this ordeal with over and over again, is Sling... 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Sling Channel...

A quick follow up... Just contacted Sling and they said the issue may be on their end... Said they'd look into it and if possible, get it resolved... If you're having the same problem with the live streaming not working properly on the Roku Sling Channel, I'd suggest contacting Sling customer support yourself... Anyway, good luck to everyone with your particular technical issues... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Follow-up 2.0...

Well, it's been 24 hours and the issue hasn't been resolved... Live streaming on the Sling Channel doesn't work properly... Extremely disappointed with both Roku and Sling... They're happy to take our money, but don't seem to care at all about customer satisfaction... If or when this particular issue gets resolved, I'll post it... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My problem a little similar, but with different permutations.  Sling app in Roku reporting I'm not subscribed to any channels (Roku TV).  I did all their troubleshooting via Roku Support Chat last Sunday (can't find that link today) a week ago and they refreshed my account and then the other TV with Roku Premier showed the same error (4-400 at times) and not subscribed to any channels - extraordinary long log in to Sling also.  They could not fix, said they'd upgrade to Engineering, goodbye.  Both TV's started working 24 hours later.  Now about a week later, Sunday night again, approximately the same time same issues - Roku totally worthless for Sling.  I can watch Sling on a computer, so it's not Sling.  I can watch Prime TV and other sources on Roku, just not Sling - Roku must be blocking part of their feed somehow.  This is frustrating.  Amazon Fire TV was much better, when it worked.  Those devices (3) wore out in about a year and Amazon would not replace them, so I've experienced both systems are poor performers.  I'm not sure what to try next.

0 Kudos