Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kymberli23
Reel Rookie

Sling App can’t access DVR data

I’m having an issue today with the sling app on both my Roku TV and streaming stick. I try to access recordings, and it comes back “no data available”. This is for both sling paid DVR storage and air TV local channel recordings. When I access these on the sling app on my phone, all recordings are there and play just fine. The Sling TV app version on Roku is 8.19 build 1924. Please fix this issue. 

58 REPLIES 58
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sling App can’t access DVR data

@Kymberli23 

If there's an issue with the app, then the app developer would be the ones to handle that. Roku doesn't build the apps, just like Apple, Google, and Amazon don't build the apps that run on their platforms. Sling (owned by Dish Network) built the app.

But, it's probably not the app. It might be, but if the app in and of itself was the issue, a lot of the 2.5 million Sling TV users would be experiencing this. To be sure, not all 2.5 million are Roku users, but Roku is the largest platform, so the number would not be a small one.

So, it's probably something going wonky with your app. Whether it's some stray data, or something else, we should start there.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps, and in that exact order. Then, log in, see if it's working. Don't launch other apps, focus on this one for now. Is it working?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
rkpas
Reel Rookie

I am seeing a similar issue. It started early morning on 4/24 with a message to the effect “there was a temporary issue” accessing the cloud DVR programs. This morning I see that 2 out of 13 of my cloud DVR recorded programs are available to watch while the other 11 show “No data available.” when I click on them. My OTA recordings are available. I see this behavior on 2 different Roku model devices with Sling TV app. All have latest updates and latest Sling TV apps. I also logged out of account, deleted Sling apps, rebooted Roku and reinstalled and logged into Sling apps. No change in behavior. My iPhone Sling TV app works with no issues. Sling appears to have some issue on their end. 

I contacted Sling TV support and was told others are not reporting this yet. I find that hard to believe. At least I know I am not the only one having this issue. 😁

EDIT:

Just a follow up. I checked more of my OTA DVR (local storage) content using Roku and I see that some is available and some shows the “No data available” message. 
Sling TV app on iPhone has no issue accessing OTA DVR programs. 

rkpas
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
Kymberli23
Reel Rookie

I contacted Sling and they are looking into it. It’s just the Sling app on Roku devices. I have unplugged, reset, uninstalled/reinstalled, and done other troubleshooting in a variety of different configurations, and still no dice. 

rkpas
Reel Rookie

I have done the same as well. Just have to wait and see for resolution. 

dwajda
Channel Surfer

I can confirm the same problem (1336 on 2/24/22), but it's unique to Roku Sling Cloud DVR programs. I can access cloud dvr fine via TV's sling app. I too removed, reinstalled and logged out/in to my ROKU sling app and no joy. I can also access OTA recordings (AIRTV) on ROKU sling app, just not cloud. 

wachurch

I have the same issue.  Some content works and the others show no data available.  It worked last night but not today.  Please resolve this.  This is the second time this has happened.  Are the updates tested before going live?

dmhatfield

The exact thing is happening to me in Kansas City so it not just one person.

tim777

I have the same DVR problem with my all my Roku's. The DVR recordings do work on my Android phone, Samsung TV and PC app.