Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fonzy35
Level 8

Re: Sling $35 credit scam

one email and first time roku owner,  the company, walmart, roku or slingtv.. no want want to take responsibility after we only could take the 7 days free because the 35 credit didn't work for us, and i don't think im the only one... Now they say its for only for new customer... so buzz off customer, thats basically what they mean...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
DBDukes
Level 10

"fonzy35" wrote:
one email and first time roku owner,  the company, walmart, roku or slingtv.. no want want to take responsibility after we only could take the 7 days free because the 35 credit didn't work for us, and i don't think im the only one... Now they say its for only for new customer... so buzz off customer, thats basically what they mean...

The offer is from Sling TV. That's who's responsible. That's obvious. Why Sling is offering it for new customers only is only explainable by Sling. However, if you've never seen offers like that, then you've never dealt with AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, Comcast, or any ISP or cell phone company. Sling -- owned by DISH Network -- is doing the same thing those other companies do.

Oh, and only one email address, huh? Just one? With free email addresses provided by most ISPs, and available from Google, Apple, Microsoft, Yahoo, and a slew of there places. Just one, huh? Hmph.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
captivater
Level 7

LOL
All these clowns blaming Sling for the error were the same jabronis blaming yours truly for coming to the forums rather than spending futile effort on Roku support in a previous thread.

As it is Roku who advertised the offer so that you would purchase their device, the onus is 100% on Roku to ensure the advertised offer is redeemable.
They should have used codes, but IMHO are using the offer to beta test their payment processing systems/website handoffs with partnered companies.

I filed a BBB complaint and have made some headway. They only responded after letting the complaint lapse and their rating was immediately docked from A+ to A-. Mostly lip service from Vince Thai, Director of Customer Support, but I rejected the nonchalant response so there will be a followup required of him.

I've long been a big fan of Roku and will continue to use and recommend their products, but they are absolutely wrong on this one. Their refusal to even acknowledge as much is vehemently reprehensible.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"captivater" wrote:
LOL
All these clowns blaming Sling for the error were the same jabronis blaming yours truly for coming to the forums rather than spending futile effort on Roku support in a previous thread.

As it is Roku who advertised the offer so that you would purchase their device, the onus is 100% on Roku to ensure the advertised offer is redeemable.
They should have used codes, but IMHO are using the offer to beta test their payment processing systems/website handoffs with partnered companies.

I filed a BBB complaint and have made some headway. They only responded after letting the complaint lapse and their rating was immediately docked from A+ to A-. Mostly lip service from Vince Thai, Director of Customer Support, but I rejected the nonchalant response so there will be a followup required of him.

I've long been a big fan of Roku and will continue to use and recommend their products, but they are absolutely wrong on this one. Their refusal to even acknowledge as much is vehemently reprehensible.

Would you explain in simple words so a jabroni like me can understand: how would you describe the problem? This is a serious question (well, the jabroni crack excepted). Perhaps I'm not seeing the issue the way you are. You've been around a bit (I have too, but haven't contributed as often as others) and you have, to my mind, a good grasp on things. You're experienced. You seem to know what's going on. But I'm not seeing this as you are. So, I'm missing something, or you are. Or both. So, it's a serious question. How would you describe the issue?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
ghb51
Level 9

No, it's not, the only entity responsible for the actions of Sling, is Sling. If this becomes a widespread problem and Roku continues to make Sling offers like this, you can infer that Roku just doesn't care and judge them accordingly, but that still doesn't make them responsible for the actions of Sling.
0 Kudos
fonzy35
Level 8

The offer was advertise on walmart BF sale, and on Roku web page..
I contacted walmart, about they did advertise on their flyer, and the told me to go to the walmart store were i bought the Roku, and would credit me $35..
What the h**l she's talking about... lol

Thank for the people that answered about the 35 missing, after 3 days , any comment is appriciated, but again i don't think no one answered the question properly..
And yes i try to register with my same roku email with sling..

I commented and thanks for the 7 free days to sling , but i ask them were is the $35 credit for new roku owner(They never answered). And it was the first time i heard about sling, no smart tv here, that's why i got the roku, 

By the way, 2 days after registering roku, they send me an email to enjoy 30 days of showtime on them for free
I ask roku about the 35 sling credit, they never answered..

Walmart BF Roku pic
https://ibb.co/pz7TzhJ[/url:4ten29yh]
0 Kudos