Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sling $35 credit scam

Anyone else here fall victim to the Roku Black Friday scam offer of a $35 Sling TV credit with purchase of an Ultra? After registering my Roku, I clicked on the $35 Sling credit, which activated a 7-day free trial of Sling, but NOT a $35 credit! Roku support techs blame Sling for this problem, but after I contacted Sling TV support, they point the finger at....you guessed it....Roku!!! Roku support has been useless up to this point and I see many other unresolved complaints on these forums. False advertising or what?!?
0 Kudos
15 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Sling $35 credit scam

Shocker.. Two companies blaming each other..

Bottom line.. the offer is from Sling, so it's up to them to make it right.. is that not common sense?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Sling $35 credit scam

"jeffrok" wrote:
Shocker.. Two companies blaming each other..

Bottom line.. the offer is from Sling, so it's up to them to make it right.. is that not common sense?

Yup and neither company seemed the LEAST bit interested in making this right. Roku apparently doesn't give a sh-t after they get your money. Pretty weak response from their so-called "customer support" team!
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Sling $35 credit scam

Well, if it's a Sling promo, Sling should be making this right, since you're paying them, not Roku.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
empirefalls
Level 7

Re: Sling $35 credit scam

:
This is what i wrote Dec 3 in another thread.

"Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:30 pm.."....The newest  Roku Ultra from 2 weeks ago, the one with JBL headphones, I bought because it was $48 with a $35 Slingtv Credit. So it was almost free. But had a hassle with getting the Sling credit, so it may be going back"

Multiple Sling Tv Chat Reps told me contradicting things:
-the code was on the receipt.....it wasnt
--the code was in the box......it wasnt
---Walmart as usual were dumb as a truck of rocks for an answer
I returned the Roku Ultra as  i bought a Roku Ultra.

The offer was for First subscribers only, I am guessing when one tries to sign up with the new Roku, even with a new email account, Sling knows and prevents the one month trial from showing up.

PS watch out for Playstation vue offers!
0 Kudos
wyldemusick
Level 7

Re: Sling $35 credit scam

The Sling credit being for new subscribers only faintly annoys me, especially as they have prepay plans where they give you a free Roku (DirecTV had something similar, or a free AppleTV with a three month prepay.)
0 Kudos
fonzy35
Level 8

Re: Sling $35 credit scam

Same here, i was suppose to have 35 credit from sling, it look like i was suppose to activate sling in the first time in roku ultra initial setup..
I can remember seeing that , anyway i finish having 7 days free...
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Sling $35 credit scam

"fonzy35" wrote:
Same here, i was suppose to have 35 credit from sling, it look like i was suppose to activate sling in the first time in roku ultra initial setup..
I can remember seeing that , anyway i finish having 7 days free...

https://www.roku.com/offers
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 11

Re: Sling $35 credit scam

"DBDukes" wrote:
"fonzy35" wrote:
Same here, i was suppose to have 35 credit from sling, it look like i was suppose to activate sling in the first time in roku ultra initial setup..
I can remember seeing that , anyway i finish having 7 days free...

https://www.roku.com/offers

*Terms & Conditions

Sling TV: Offer of Promotional Credit available to new Sling TV subscribers that activate a new Roku player or a new Roku TV during the period commencing October 17, 2018 through January 23, 2019. 

For those that thought they could get the $35 and were already a sub.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Sling $35 credit scam

"twiceover" wrote:
"DBDukes" wrote:
"fonzy35" wrote:
Same here, i was suppose to have 35 credit from sling, it look like i was suppose to activate sling in the first time in roku ultra initial setup..
I can remember seeing that , anyway i finish having 7 days free...

https://www.roku.com/offers

*Terms & Conditions

Sling TV: Offer of Promotional Credit available to new Sling TV subscribers that activate a new Roku player or a new Roku TV during the period commencing October 17, 2018 through January 23, 2019.

For those that thought they could get the $35 and were already a sub.

For those with multiple email addresses ... well, it can be figured out from there.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos