Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Level 11

Slide show with audio from local network

My DirecTV used to have a useful option to play slide shows with independent simultaneous audio, with both image slides and audio files coming from a networked DLNA server.  Unfortunately, recent DirecTV firmware updates have dropped the whole display local net video and audio option.  The current Roku media player can play either images or audio, but not both, so I'm looking for other slide-show-with-audio options which will play from my local network (i.e. not from cloud storage).

I've seen Roksbox suggested, but I see several versions.  The descriptions of Roksbox "xStream" and "plug-N-play" sound the same -- which one should I install?  Not planning to source from thumb drives.

And I'll take other suggestions as well.  I'm hoping for something not too complicated to set up -- plex makes my head spin.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDale
Level 8

Re: Slide show with audio from local network

The current RMP can play audio and photos at the same time consecutively, but not concurrently.
If you have a screensaver that will play your own photos, you can start RMP playing music from an audio folder or playlist and when the screensaver kicks in you should get your photos at the same time.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
makaiguy
Level 11

Re: Slide show with audio from local network

Okay, I'd rather have it all in one app, but...

I'll expand my request to also ask about screensavers that can produce a slide show using image files from a local network. All I've found so far use images from a cloud or usb drive. Ideally one with f.lexible slide change timing.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos