Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
55trucker
Binge Watcher

Sky News Live tv service & Roku

Jump to solution

Hello there:

Is anyone else experiencing a *internet connection* issue when one tries to view Sky News Live tv?

This what I get whenever I try to use the service.

I can access the prerecorded clips that are offered but I am prevented from connecting to their Live TV service.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Sky News Live tv service & Roku

Jump to solution

@55trucker

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@55trucker

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
_JOHN_
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That's NOT a solution Danny, that's passing the buck. Why don't you drop them a line, you would have far more clout than us!

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@55trucker

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

picareno
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, my problem exactly. After years of streaming Sky News, I now can connect only to there live show. When I try to play any pre recorded videos I get a message saying @There was a problem playing this video” and then suggesting I check my internet connection, which I’ve done and then saying “ if you continue to have problems please contact us.” Who’s “us?”… Sky News or Roku?  BTW, Sky News works fine on my iphone and my Chrome.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@picareno  Contact us is referring to the channel developer. Sky News 

0 Kudos
Riceuten
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Just checked and in UK at least, my Sky News works with the videos and the live feed. 

The issue is sometimes that either Sky make a change to their app, or Roku make a change to their stick, and it renders one or the other part of the app unavailable. Whose fault is it in this eventuality? 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Riceuten  When Apple updates iOS and it renders certain apps unusable is that Apples fault? No. It’s up to the app developer to fix the issue. Same here. It’s not up to Roku to fix the issue with Sky News. It’s up to Sky News to fix the bugs with their channel on the Roku platform

0 Kudos
Riceuten
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It's equally possible that Roku has changed something on its platform that renders the app inoperable. Whether that should be addressed by Roku or the developer is anyone's guess

0 Kudos
Hilandgeo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I"m having the same problem, can watch live but not any of the clips.  Started about a week ago.  Looks like clips have been blocked in the U.S.

0 Kudos
DAK239
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same problem . . . "contact us" but no contact info nor identification of who "us" is - and Sky does not seem to recognize that Roku exists as a means to view their programs.  I have four active Rokus and as of about 2-3 weeks ago, they can all select SkyNews and see the articles, but none of the videos will actually play.

0 Kudos