Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJPinJacksonTN
Channel Surfer

Re: Sky News Live TV on Roku not connecting

Same.  The "Live" is working, but the videos aren't.  So, the problem has flipped.

0 Kudos
Flo52

Have you been able to get Sky news running, if so how.. I can’t get it to work after trying everything?

0 Kudos
rgmichel
Channel Surfer

SkyNews live is working fine, but the vids are not playing.  Its been going on for greater than  a week I think.  Nothing wrong with your Roku.  Its a SkyNews problem.  This has happened before.  I think they resolve it eventually.  Its a shame. SkyNews reporting and vids are excellent.

0 Kudos
_JOHN_
Streaming Star

Started watching the "Live" feed on Peacock or Pluto now, I give up on their ROKU app, been like this for years now, they don't give a flying f*** at sky nor ROKU.

0 Kudos
Woodcarver
Channel Surfer

Hi Fio,

No luck so far,tried again this morning,the whole deal uninstall, reboot. reset router etc.
Had no trouble for years then suddenly no play back.

Site opens up OK and displays content but will not play !!

No way to contact Sky,seems wait and hope is all we’ve got !!

0 Kudos
Woodcarver
Channel Surfer

Update.

Checked Sky today and find I am now able to playback recorded videos again. 

Seems that sky has addressed the problem😃😃

rgmichel
Channel Surfer

Yep.  Looks like they resolved it, thank goodness.

drandre
Reel Rookie

Thank you everyone for providing your feedback to this problem.  It certainly provided a general consensus this was a system-wide outage/issue.

Since neither Roku nor Sky News makes is easy for us to find a way to contact them, after some research I found one. 

I contacted Sky News yesterday providing them technical information about the problems we were all experiencing.  I also included this forum topic so they can read this was not an isolated incident.

I checked today and the Sky News app on Roku is working.   I am glad this is now functioning so we can all catch up on our missed news articles.

SteveHC1
Streaming Star

“drandre” - Good for you! I used to do the very same thing, which often (but not always) produced similar, positive results. But that very quickly tends to become VERY time-consuming, and USUALLY the companies “behind” the faulty app EVENTUALLY discover that there’s a problem & EVENTUALLY get around to fixing it. Ever notice how MOST of the  big-name subscription services tend to NOT exhibit such problems (with CBS/Paramount tending to be the cheapo outliers on this)? That’s because their subscription plans and/or commercial (video ad) fees bring in SO much money that if they DON’T keep their streaming programming up & running properly they’d stand to lose BOATLOADS of $$$. But the other, totally free app providers on Roku (such as Sky News and the multitude of others that offer no paid subscriptions and possibly do not even sell ad time) honestly have no real financial incentive to be pro-active in keeping everything up & running flawlessly 24/7 - in fact, for them to do so would be a VAST money-losing proposition. THINK ABOUT IT - *YOU* effectively did at least half of Sky’s job in these regards FOR them, and for FREE.

0 Kudos
55trucker
Binge Watcher

lol...speak for yourself....still have no ability to receive the *live* feed.

0 Kudos