Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Woodcarver
Channel Surfer

Re: Sky News Live TV on Roku not connecting

Did anyone get a fix for this . Never had a problem before.

ROKU says it is a sky problem!

0 Kudos
Woodcarver
Channel Surfer

Sorry, there was a problem

There was problem playing this video.

please check your internet connection, and if you continue to have problems please contact us.

Any fix for this?

0 Kudos
55trucker
Binge Watcher

To date?......no, problem was never resolved, as well here Roku says it's in the hands of Sky, try to conact Sky via email support & one does not get a reply. Perhaps they will NOT reply to individuals who are not the UK as I am in Canada, their signal is not broadcast here.

0 Kudos
SteveHC1
Streaming Star

I DID experience the problem with the Sky News Roku app’s “LIVE TV” stream not connecting awhile back, but it apparently has since been somehow “fixed” and is currently working fine, at least on my Roku account, Roku device & internet service.

0 Kudos
rgmichel
Channel Surfer

My Live SkyNews is working, but not the vids that are also in the app.  I am sure its a Sky problem.  It was a Sky problem last time this happened.  They are probably messing with the software.  One thing I have learned about software engineers is that they always fix it, even if it ain't broke.

0 Kudos
lobo012847
Channel Surfer

This does NOT work!! It may make it easier to get on with your day, but it is of ZERO use!! Do your JOB!! Do NOT pas the buck to a channel that we cannot speak with!!!!!

emgarcia69

My problem is the opposite!! Can’t watch the videos!! Live is ok!

Username11

I have the same issue for the last week. Worked fine a week ago - but now all I get is "please check your internet connection, if you continue to have problems contact us".....but there is no contact person. All other channels work just fine. Deleted sky, restarted Roku -> no difference. I have multiple Roku devices and the problem exists on all of them. Has the issue been fixed?

0 Kudos
Username11

What - comcast owns sky news - comcast can't get anything right - always glitchy - no customer service - there IT techs are useless!

0 Kudos
SteveHC1
Streaming Star

Well, after going from EVERYTHING on the Roku Sky News app working at my place, to the stored videos working but not the Live TV, back to everything working, and now to the stored videos NOT working but the Live TV working (seriously!), I’d say it SEEMS like *server* connection-related problems PROBABLY at Sky’s end but not necessarily.

My recommendation - While NOT in the app but with it HIGHLIGHTED, click the “star” ( * ) button on your Roku remote then click on “Give us feedback” THEN click on “Video won’t play”. Who knows, maybe someday, somewhere, over a rainbow somebody will actually get the feedback and maybe see to it that the problems get fixed. Remember - Sky News, a 24-hour news service that was actually intended for PAYING and/or advertisement-watching UK consumers, has been provided free elsewhere in the world on Roku and other devices/services by SKY. And aside from the SKY NEWS Roku app it’s also available for free on its own YouTube and Pluto TV “channels”.

0 Kudos