Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ernesto1972
Level 7

Sky Italia NOW TV

NOW TV and offers together with the subscription a Roku box.[/font][/color]

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Sky Italia NOW TV

Thanks for the note here. The NOW TV channel is only currently available on standalone Roku devices in the UK region. 

Other TV provider services, such as Sky Italia, may offer Roku-powered devices to customers, but have their own independent selection of channels and content based on the specific services they provide. You'll want to contact that service directly for more information about channel and service offerings in your area. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
2pints
Level 7

This ( should be) the UK Roku page : https://www.roku.com/en-gb/

Scroll down to the bottom and you can see where Roku sells/tailors its products to under Change region.
 If you are in a Now TV country, and that country/region is also in a Roku area then its logical that the Now TV tapp will be on rokus sold in those areas.

In my opinion your not missing much, Sky are very controling over how and on what you can watch Now TV on, the 4 device limit is a real pain in the rear end

Even if you imported a UK Now TV box, you will not be able to access Now TV Italia on it, and even if you did import, you would need to set the Roku up in the UK , with the UK Now TV , and then it  should work in Italy, all be it with UK content channel/app, and you could loose access after 6 months or so.
 Even if you try the so called unofficial methods you will not be able to do what you want
0 Kudos
ernesto1972
Level 7

Thanks. I was referring to the Italian NOW TV. Does anyone know whether I can use a normal Roku streaming stick or do I need to use the Roku devices that Sky Italia is selling?
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"ernesto1972" wrote:
Thanks. I was referring to the Italian NOW TV. Does anyone know whether I can use a normal Roku streaming stick or do I need to use the Roku devices that Sky Italia is selling?

Roku is officially unsupported in Italy. If you created a Roku account, and went to https://channelstore.roku.com/ and searched there, it would filter by what's available.

By being in the U.S., I can't see apps that aren't available here. There are U.K., Canada, French, and other apps that are available in those countries only. Likewise, users there can't see apps that are U.S.-only (or otherwise not available there). I suspect you won't find an app, but I have no way of determining that. You do, though.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos