Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToddAndMargo
Level 9

Skip Commencial no longer works on YouTube

Jump to solution

Hi All,

The Skip Commercial, press ||> button now only pauses commercials on YouTube.  And some of the commercials are 15 minutes long.  Yesterday one was 1 hr and something long.  AHHHHHH.   I have almost had to stop using YouTube.  Rumble is far better but does not have the offerings yet.

Anyone know a way to get Skip Commercial back?

Many thanks,

-T

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Skip Commencial no longer works on YouTube

Jump to solution

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or YT app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

Try reinstalling the YT app:

1) Remove the YT app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the YT app

(If you dont restart, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ToddAndMargo
Level 9

Jump to solution

Dang!  It still jut pauses the accursed commercial(s).  Tears!

I just tried watching an 8 minute youtube video and got stick with two 5 minutes commercials.  I exited YouTube and tried to find something similar on Rumble.  Rumble is far better but does not have 1/1000 of the videos.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or YT app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

Try reinstalling the YT app:

1) Remove the YT app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the YT app

(If you dont restart, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

0 Kudos
ToddAndMargo
Level 9

Jump to solution

Dang!  It still jut pauses the accursed commercial(s).  Tears!

I just tried watching an 8 minute youtube video and got stick with two 5 minutes commercials.  I exited YouTube and tried to find something similar on Rumble.  Rumble is far better but does not have 1/1000 of the videos.

0 Kudos
ToddAndMargo
Level 9

Jump to solution

Okay, there has been a change since uninstalling, reset, and re-installing.  Before NO button would skip the accursed commercials.  Now, the "OK" button skips the accursed commercials, even thought the pop up says to use the ||> button.  Thank you StreamerUser!

-T

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

You're welcome - glad its resolved for you.

You can always use the same reinstall process for other "misbehaving" apps.

Rumble will very likely have continued high growth for the near future, considering the current politicization of the infotainment market.  Its likely that a lot of the content you cant find on YT will be on Rumble.

0 Kudos