Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Skins missing from Roku TV channel

Jump to solution

Roku TV  channel  had the TV  drama SKINS . But it disappeared over night
I was halfway through the series  and wanted to watch the rest.
Why was it taken off ROKU TV Channel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Skins missing from Roku TV channel

Jump to solution

@Nic0 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that to keep the library of content fresh, certain titles may only be available for a limited time.

For more information about The Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: What is The Roku® Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Nic0 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that to keep the library of content fresh, certain titles may only be available for a limited time.

For more information about The Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: What is The Roku® Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ok Yeah i get that. But  are you honestly expecting a viewer to watch 61 episodes in just over a month. It was only up  for  just over a Month.
Ok i will look for it online..
cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Nic0 wrote:

Ok Yeah i get that. But  are you honestly expecting a viewer to watch 61 episodes in just over a month. It was only up  for  just over a Month.
Ok i will look for it online..
cheers

The problem (if you want to call it that), is that when companies license content to stream, they are bound by whatever terms are agreed upon. That means for a TV series, what seasons, what episodes, and how long each or all are available. Many shows have had all seasons, or even all episodes within a season. This is far from the first time that the topic was mentioned.

You see the same thing on Netflix or other online sites. Those companies might have something for a longer period of time, but also likely pay a far higher license fee to do so. Roku is simply balancing the the expected demand vs. the cost. And sometimes the content owners simply withhold content to create stronger future demand. It's a big card game, and the end users (us) have little control over any of it. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Even more interesting is that the Skins  banner is back on the ROKU TV  site. But only able to access  one episode.  So i take it that  after my letter a single episode  has now been licensed ..Or is it just a SNAFU with the ROKU TV site and nobody is admitting that it was a error that it was taken down in the first place.

0 Kudos