Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

In the meantime can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rwhass0002

Jump to solution

I've had the same problem.  I have three rokus. Two of them are model 3930x. The other is a streaming stick model 3810x. So far sirius xm kicks out after about 20 minutes on the models 3930x. The streaming stick plays until I shut it off. This started after the update.

0 Kudos
beaneda7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Xm shuts down after 20 minutes.

model 3930RW Roku Express

serial #X00400291C6N

Device ID S00930291C6N

software version-11.0.0.build 4193-AE

version 2.5 .build 28

EM48
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

exactly the same for me; 20 minutes, shuts off and back to home screen. ok on iphone and laptop; cannot seem to stream longer than 20 moniutes on roku; spent lots of time on phone with sirius and they blame roku. my tv software is updated.

any solutions???

Bubbakuda925
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here. I check all other apps on my Roku, done of them having this issue, just XM. 

EM48
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

To Danny at ROKU,

as we are all stating, it is our SIRIUSXM app/channel we are all having problems with.

working fine on our phones and laptops (and car radios) but not on ROKU.

Shuts off after 20 minutes are returns to home screen.

dstoppa
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine shuts down between 11 and 15 minutes, Im starting to wish it was 20. 

0 Kudos
dstoppa
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Very frustrating to say the least! I enjoy music in the morning while getting ready for work, reloading the channel every 10 - 12 minutes 😞

0 Kudos
Eyesonthesky
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Danny,

The information you requested in your 1st bullet in in the Tracker ID so I will give you that since you have access to that information. 

Tracker ID 91-200-984

This occurs on the SiriusXM channel. Version 2.5 build 28

This occurs after opening the app and listening to my music, approximately 20 minutes later it disconnects and returns to Roku home page. Open again, same thing.

rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Roku is blaming Sirius and Sirius is blaming Roku. Neither of the potential culprits accepts responsibility or takes steps to resolve the problem, and customers are suffering. After 4 days of being able to listen only in 20-minute bursts and having to search for my channels ever time because they're not being recorded in "recents," I'm ready to cancel my Sirius subscription and explore alternatives. I'm also considering buying a different kind of smart TV even though my last 3 have been Rokus. I'm upgrading my 32" to a bigger size, and this whole experience has soured me on Roku. You'd think that both parties would want to solve this in order to keep customers happy. Instead, they're just pointing the finger at each other and alienating their subscriber/customer base. Not a smart move.