Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r042wal
Channel Surfer

SiriusXM app no longer recognizes username/password

The SiriusXM app stopped recognizing my SiriusXM account username/password two days ago (May 17).  Three days ago I see there was an update to Roku.  I have a Roku 3 box and an Insignia TV.  It had been working for years.

The problem is my SiriusXM account is a Canadian account but the SiriusXM app on the Roku is trying to verify my account on the US side where my account is not recognized.

On my Amazon Fire TV Cube there is a SiriusXM app for Canada so I see Amazon got it right.  What does Roku plan to do now for all the Canadian subscribers who can no longer stream SiriusXM content?

10 REPLIES 10
FriPilot

SiriusXM has a trouble message onscreen.

I'm STILL having this problem with no answers offered. I recently added SiriusXM as a trial. They are now posting a message saying that they are having trouble and that Favorites, Settings, ETC will not be stored. I am forced to login with my password every single time. This was not the case for the first few days. This is not the case on my phone. I can access the APP normally. Surely there must be a fix to this. It's really a pain to have to play the 'hop around the alphabet' to enter my password every single time. I really need to solve this before my trial is up. I won't pay for Sirius if it keeps doing this. By the way, Sirius says that because I accepted the offer through ROKU, it's their problem

0 Kudos
Jessye

Re: SiriusXM app no longer recognizes username/password

Were you able to find a solution?  I am having the same issue and have been searching since the update to find a way to be able to use SiriusXM again in Canada with no luck. 

0 Kudos
r042wal
Channel Surfer

No solution so I got rid of my Roku **bleep** and added the SiriusXM app to my Amazon Fire TV Cube which also does everythig the Roku does.  I would encourage all Roku users with similar, unanswered concerns from Roku, to just dump the platform.

In the past year, Roku stock has tanked from $473 to $91 / share.  It comes to me as no surprise Roku does not give a chit about their customers and now they are paying the price.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
r042wal
Channel Surfer

Thank you for the update.  It only took you a little over a month to bring us up to date!

The channels you offer are a part of the attraction to your platform so I don't think it is the responsibility of your customers to chase after your content providers.  That's only my opinion but your stock price helps indicates how the public perceives the value of your platform and the decisions you make. 

Lion's Gate Entertainment is not going to save your platform but protecting the channels you have would indicate a strong alliance with your remaining customers.

0 Kudos
SkipIntro
Streaming Star

My Roku just started having the same issue today, but in reverse.  I have a US SiriusXM account, but have been living in Canada for the last 15 years.  Never had an issue signing into the app until this morning.  Doesn't seem to be a way to chose US or CAD account at login.

0 Kudos
r042wal
Channel Surfer

Roku has no interest in helping you.  As a matter of fact, they said it should be up to you to go after their content providers and get an update.  If you want to do what I did, I dumped Roku for an Amazon TV Cube where this is no longer a problem and the Amazon box can do everything and more thanthe roku.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@SkipIntro

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SkipIntro
Streaming Star

I did contact SuriusXM a month ago.  They understood the issue and seemed to want to help. They identified my Roku somehow on their end and said they would work on pushing a US based app to it, and said they would contact me when they were  ready to hook me up.  I haven't had any more contact since then.  Their temporary solution was for me create to a 3-month trial subscription in Canada while they worked this out, which I did.  But it is only good until October, plus the new app itself is plagued with issues (locking up, not remembering settings, not honouring settings).  It's been very frustrating, and the "community" can't understand why the two companies won't work together to fix all of this.
0 Kudos