Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayCray
Channel Surfer

Sirius XM closing out as soon as I open it

I've been listening to Sirius XM on my RokuTV all day.  I went to a limited edition channel to see what was playing and it got bumped off the app.  Every time I try to open it now it pops up the XM Screen for a second and then bumps me off again.  It is not the internet - my Iheart Radio app is working.  I have removed and added the channel twice, turned the TV off and on, etc.

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Sirius XM closing out as soon as I open it

Roku does not make TVs. They make the software and sell it to manufacturers such as TCL, Hisense and Sharp. Roku’s also does not make the SiriusXM channel. But please try this in order. Remove the SiriusXM channel, restart you Roku TV (go to settings/ system/ power. Turning off the TV isn’t the same. After the TV restarts then re add SiriusXM 

0 Kudos
JayCray
Channel Surfer

It didn't work.  I'll head over to SiruisXM to try and find a solution.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Did you follow the steps exactly? You have to follow the steps exactly. Explain the steps you took 

0 Kudos
JayCray
Channel Surfer

I did exactly as you wrote: Removed the XM Channel, reset roku and then added the XM Channel.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Reset or restart? How did you restart your TV?  A restart means the tv actually reboots. Reset means you did a factory reset. It puts the tv back to the same day you took it out of the box 

0 Kudos
JayCray
Channel Surfer

settings

system

power

system restart

had to log back into Roku, then added the XM app and had to log into that

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

You shouldn’t have to log back into your Roku account after simply restarting your TV. I restart mine about every 6 days just cause. But I’m still logged into my Roku account. Is this a TCL? Hisense? Sharp? 

0 Kudos
JayCray
Channel Surfer

TCL

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JayCray

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue after removing, restarting, and adding the channel back, you'll want to contact Sirius XM support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos