Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Single episode corrupted on Starz channel

One episode of Outlander will not play on my Roku tv. I've already logged out of the Starz channel, removed the channel, reset the router, and restarted the system. That didn't fix it. When I added the channel back it had my login. I figured something was saved somewhere which probably included a corrupted video file. I tried the above set of steps on every order I could think of and got the same result. Finally I did a full factory reset. This still didn't work. Other episodes work. The same episode works from the Starz app on my phone. I'm thinking there might be a corrupted memory block on the set that just happens to end up with the episode in question. It's a new TV. I would rather get help than return it.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Single episode corrupted on Starz channel

Having a similar problem here...  Have come across some movies that likewise appear to be corrupted...  For example, "Zombieland: Double Tap" won't playback properly.  Preview ad plays fine but the movie itself is just screenfulls of random garbage.  Only having this issue with Starz app.  Likewise tried various resets and re-install on app.  No luck.  Consistent across multiple platforms (different flavors of Rokus and Roku-TVs).  Other movies play fine within the App.

Addendum: "Brightburn" consistently fails also...  am sure there are others.  Some play fine, others seem to be corrupted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Some movies in Starz app appear to be corrupted

@Michael19681 @dmmbmcdonald 

Thanks for the note.

If the issue remains unresolved, after removing the channel, restarting the device, and adding the channel back again, I'd recommend reaching out to Starz directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Starz channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.starz.com/us/en/faq

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos