Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evanvoo
Level 7

Single channel won't play

Hi - My NBC channel is having an issue playing the LIVE stream.  It starts playing and cuts out after a few seconds going to the three dots for a while and keeps cutting in and out.  I have 3 other channels and they are all working perfectly.  I've unplugged the power, restarted the system, checked for updates, removed and added the channel back and nothing is working.  The only thing I've not done is restart by router but I don't have access to it to do so and my landlady is currently out of town.  The internet speed is fast and there is not an issue with that.  It's been happening for about 6 days.  I don't know what to do or who to call but this is one of the only things I watch (morning news).  Please help Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Single channel won't play

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote)

FYI, the correct procedure to re-install an app on Roku:

1) Remove the app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the app

(Otherwise, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
evanvoo
Level 7

Hi - sorry, it's the Roku Express (I just plugged the stick into an LG smart tv).  

I just did exactly what you said with removing channel, system restart, adding channel back (which I did not do in that order before).  The same thing is still happening :/

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

You still havent stated your model # or firmware version or app version.

However, its sounding more like a network/server issue - try:

1)  rebooting your modem/gateway/router, and

2) checking your network speed:  Settings/Network/Check connection then Settings/Network/Internet download speed=?

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
evanvoo
Level 7

My model # is 3930x, Roku Express.  I literally bought it less than a month ago.  I mentioned in the earlier post I do not have access to restart the modem or router.  And I tested the speed and it was FAST.  I can watch the live channels on the three other channels I have installed.  It's not a connectivity issue as far as I can tell.  Everything else is working perfectly.  Only NBC Live is not working.  Unfortunately that's the only thing I watch every day.  

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @evanvoo

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. If the only affected channel is NBC, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them. We highly recommend reaching out to NBC Support to report the issue and for further help.

You can contact them here: https://help.nbc.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?brand=nbc

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos