Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nhough
Level 7

Since the last update HULU on my Sharp Roku Tv Skips to next episode at ads.

Title: 

Since the last update that fixed the Ad issues, I am getting a new problem where the Ad starts to load but instead of playing the ad, it jumps to the exact time only in the next episode of the series. It does this about every 4-5 episodes. 

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Since the last update HULU on my Sharp Roku Tv Skips to next episode at ads.

@nhough 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
nhough
Level 7

Re: Since the last update HULU on my Sharp Roku Tv Skips to next episode at ads.

I will try that canned response. Its getting worse and worse. 

0 Kudos
Husband222
Level 7

Show skipping to next episode for no reason

I'll be watching a show on hulu and close to the end of the episode it just skips to the next episode for some reason. Is anyone else's doing this? 

nhough
Level 7

Yup, as expected, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and I am still getting the same behavior. The last commercial of whatever episode of all shows I am watching will either A: Skip to the beginning of the next episode, or B: Skip to the last commercial break at the end of the next episode. Its the Hulu app on Roku causing the problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Show skipping to next episode for no reason

@Husband222 @nhough 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Hulu support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
nhough
Level 7

The same, reported in September its 11/09 and still no resolution. Standard canned responses. 

0 Kudos
nhough
Level 7

Just skipped through 3 episodes of a show I was watching. Its obviously not just me get this fixed, please! 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, we would recommend trying to reach out to the channel support to inquire further as many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

In addition, can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what content are you watching when this happens

With more information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to assist in looking into this issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Davis7
Level 8

I've been having this same issue. Even bought a new Roku device. Did a system restart, checked for updates, uninstall then reinstalled, and left the device unplugged. I've spoken with Hulu reps numerous times. The issue has to be with Roku because Hulu works fine on Firestick. Please help. At least make contact easier with your customers for support. 

0 Kudos