Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C_I
Roku Guru

Since the OS 10 Update , NBC app fails to load

Since  updating to OS 10 BUILD 4195-51 my Roku Express + 3910RW Serial #YG005H178883 does not load the NBC stand alone app . The title screen shows then there's three dots and it acts like it is going to launch but then it goes back to the Roku home screen.  I've restarted, removed the channel, reinstalled the channel and restarted the device after reinstalling the channel. But no dice. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Since the OS 10 Update , NBC app fails to load

FYI, the correct order is:

1) Remove app

2) Restart Roku

3) Reinstall app

If you dont restart between removal and reinstall, cached data/settings for the app remain.

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

I tried this twice in this exact order and the same thing happened, and apparently the app was just updated today. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Yes, all of the NBCUniversal apps updated today to 7.18.2 - Have you tried the SyFy/USA apps?

Is your 3910 connected via HDMI or Composite? If composite, try connecting HDMI and then loading the NBC app.

Otherwise try:

1)  Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default (Settings/Theme/Restore default theme) - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock (Settings/Theme/Screensavers) - try again

4) Check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now) - try again

5)  Factory reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) <--- last resort

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

My 3910 is HDMI not composite. 

0 Kudos
C_I
Roku Guru

And also, I've contacted NBC directly about this, but I've only gotten a ticket number but no solution yet. 

0 Kudos
TorianEC
Streaming Star

I have done this dozens of times and while it sometimes works and sometimes does not there is no excuse for blaming this, as NBC news has been doing, on Wii, the users. This is most assuredly an NBC news issue; possibly not updating their app after OS X. Infuriating. 

0 Kudos