Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Simultaneous streams

Many channels are telling me I have too many simultaneous streams open? How does this happen ? Obvious I am doing something wrong?? How can I fix this from happening?? Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Simultaneous streams

Simultaneous streams are those streams that are being streamed to multiple devices on your account from that streaming source.  This could be multiple Rokus linked to your Roku account, or it could be friends/family/others you've shared your account with on sources like Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, etc.  Many subscription services limit the number of simultaneous streams you can have.  For instance, my Netflix and Hulu accounts allow two, and Acorn says it only allows one.  Some have higher priced tiers allowing a greater number of simultaneous streams.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Highlighted
Level 7

That’s great! Now how do I manage and see or find these streams? I just bought this ROKU. And have not watched much but already caused issues?? Not very  intuitive?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

From your Roku's home sceen: Settings > System > About 
Is the account name (i.e. email address) your correct email address?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

yes , all looks in order!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Specifically, which channels are giving this message?  

Are there other devices (e.g., laptops, desktop, smart-phone) that are also capable of running these channels (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc.)?

If it is Netflix, Amazon Prime or Hulu, you can login to their web pages and verify your account settings.  If they appear correct, I would suggest that you change the passwords on any paid subscription channels.

I could be that someone has hacked your account and is attempting to view these channels at the same time you are trying to.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos