Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leehrat
Level 7

Simple weather delete

I added private channel simple weather. it does not work and now I cannot remove it. any help would be great. thanks in advance
0 Kudos
10 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Simple weather delete

When you are on the main screen, arrow to the channel, hit the asterisk key *, and select Remove Channel.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
leehrat
Level 7

tried that 10 times. it says it cannot delete and try again later
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Reboot the Roku and try it again.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
leehrat
Level 7

been on chat for 1 hour with roku and they can't fix it. they will let me know. only way i know is to reset all but then have to sign in all 6 roku's again. i was just hoping someone had this problem before and had a fix. i have tried on all 6 roku's. unplugged, rebooted, updated, re link to wifi. tried it all but still cannot delete channel. thanks for the ideas and if any has they answer let me know
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"leehrat" wrote:
been on chat for 1 hour with roku and they can't fix it. they will let me know. only way i know is to reset all but then have to sign in all 6 roku's again. i was just hoping someone had this problem before and had a fix. i have tried on all 6 roku's. unplugged, rebooted, updated, re link to wifi. tried it all but still cannot delete channel. thanks for the ideas and if any has they answer let me know

First, you’ve now found one of the issues with private channels. While many are great, some are poorly coded, as you’ve discovered.

Next, a factory reset may not be enough. You’ll need to unlink each device from your account via the Web interface, then factory reset them all. Afterwards, set up one, and see if the offending app reinstalls.

If so, you have two options: 1) live with it until Roku removes the app by banning it, or 2) create a new Roku account and use it going forward.

The biggest problem with the latter option is any subscription or purchases won’t transfer.

If you do the former, bury the offending app by moving it to bottom of the menu, or some place where it’s rarely seen.

Next, share the install code with Roku so they can ban it.

Oh, and did you contact the app creators? The code issue may be a bug, not an intentional violation.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
leehrat
Level 7

Thanks for all the advice. will try them if roku does not fix in a few days
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"leehrat" wrote:
Thanks for all the advice. will try them if roku does not fix in a few days

Keep in mind that it is unlikely Roku will do anything unless the information about the app, such as the code (as this is a private channel) is reported.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
leehrat
Level 7

here is the code IFUIN      It is simple weather. please report it. thanks
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know. 

Private (non-certified) channels are unsupported as they do not go through the standard process to be added to our streaming channels store. You will need to reach out to the channel publisher directly to report the issue and request that they investigate the issue. 

You will need to remove a private channel directly on your Roku device, in order to remove it from your Roku account and prevent it from being reinstalled on any device activated back to your account. If you perform a factory reset on an existing device, and then link it to your account again, any channels you've previously added to your account would be added back onto the device again. If you are unable to remove the channel from your device, or by using another Roku device linked to your account, you may need to factory reset all devices and then create a new Roku account in order to avoid the private channel from being reinstalled. 

We always recommend caution when using non-certified channels on your device, as they may cause unintended behavior.

Thanks,
Tanner 
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos