Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ariyo

Signed up for Disney+ on Roku TV, however cant log into my Disney account on my LG tv

I subscribed to the Disney+ channel yesterday successfully.

However i am trying to login to the account on another TV (LG) and am getting the error message that my email isnt recognized( used my roku subscribed email)

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Signed up for Disney+ on Roku TV, however cant log into my Disney account on my LG tv

@Ariyo 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing with logging into Disney+.

Please make sure that when you are logging into your LG TV, that you are using the correct Disney+ account information that you used to create your account with. In some instances, this may not be the same information as your Roku account. We would also recommend trying to reset your password to your Disney+ account.

For information about that channel's authentication, you'll want to contact Disney+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Signed up for Disney+ on Roku TV, however cant log into my Disney account on my LG tv

I have the same issue.  Purchased Disney+ through my Roku TV, but now can only access the Disney+ on that TV.  When trying to log in to my Disney+ account on an iPhone or laptop, my username (email address) isn't recognized.  Pretty much EVERY reply on this site says to contact Disney+ help, so I did.  They can't find my account.  Say they don't have an account under my email address even though it's EXACTLY the same email address that i use to log in to Disney+ on my Roku TV.  Quite FRUSTRATING!!!

ac1

Same problem. Disney+ purchased through Roku only allows access thru the Roku attached to TV.  It seems Roku is not updating Disney with subscription information.  Logging into Disney+ through a phone or laptop shows no current subscription for Disney+.

I am having the exact same issue. Signed up through roku on my tv. I was logged in to my phone, but phone logged me out and now doesn’t recognize my email address. When I go to my account settings on Disney+ app on my tv, it shows some weird email address with letters, numbers, and symbols in it that isn’t mine. I don’t ever recall putting an email in Disney since I signed up through roku...

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Papparooski 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's account credentials, you'll want to contact Disney+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Muadib

Also had this problem. Seem to have fixed it by going to D+ online and creating an account but stopping before online payment, and loging on with that.

LKTT
Reel Rookie

Thanks this worked. 

The issue seems to be that the Disney account is not fully created when purchased through Roku.  When purchasing through Roku you need to go online to Disney and sign up with your Roku email to finish creating the account.  Create a password and once you get to the payment page, log out. Since you have already paid, the payment is on file.  You now will be able to login to Disney Plus on any device through your account.  You will use the email and password that was created on Disney Plus. 

Roku should put some more directions when purchasing through them.

0 Kudos
Kwingard

This did not work and I followed your instructions to the letter any more ideas really frustrating when you have paid for the service and you cannot carry it forward to your phone for example. I would love a solid solution for this problem if anybody has one that would be fantastic thank you

0 Kudos
LKTT
Reel Rookie

That solution worked for a short time and it stopped working once a few updates happened. The best solution is to sign up with Disney plus online directly and not through Roku.  Meaning cancel the subscription through Roku, either through the device or best online through the Roku website under your account subscriptions,  then go to the Disney plus website and sign up directly through there. Then you will be able to login anywhere with the Disney plus app using those credentials.  Otherwise you would need to contact disney plus supprt to help.  

0 Kudos