Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Signed up for Disney+ on Roku TV, however cant log into my Disney account on my LG tv

I subscribed to the Disney+ channel yesterday successfully.

However i am trying to login to the account on another TV (LG) and am getting the error message that my email isnt recognized( used my roku subscribed email)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Signed up for Disney+ on Roku TV, however cant log into my Disney account on my LG tv

@Ariyo 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing with logging into Disney+.

Please make sure that when you are logging into your LG TV, that you are using the correct Disney+ account information that you used to create your account with. In some instances, this may not be the same information as your Roku account. We would also recommend trying to reset your password to your Disney+ account.

For information about that channel's authentication, you'll want to contact Disney+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Signed up for Disney+ on Roku TV, however cant log into my Disney account on my LG tv

I have the same issue.  Purchased Disney+ through my Roku TV, but now can only access the Disney+ on that TV.  When trying to log in to my Disney+ account on an iPhone or laptop, my username (email address) isn't recognized.  Pretty much EVERY reply on this site says to contact Disney+ help, so I did.  They can't find my account.  Say they don't have an account under my email address even though it's EXACTLY the same email address that i use to log in to Disney+ on my Roku TV.  Quite FRUSTRATING!!!

Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem. Disney+ purchased through Roku only allows access thru the Roku attached to TV.  It seems Roku is not updating Disney with subscription information.  Logging into Disney+ through a phone or laptop shows no current subscription for Disney+.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the exact same issue. Signed up through roku on my tv. I was logged in to my phone, but phone logged me out and now doesn’t recognize my email address. When I go to my account settings on Disney+ app on my tv, it shows some weird email address with letters, numbers, and symbols in it that isn’t mine. I don’t ever recall putting an email in Disney since I signed up through roku...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Papparooski 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's account credentials, you'll want to contact Disney+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos