Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buzzmunkey
Level 7

Side load channels

I just got the new update for the roku and my video buzz was taken off my roku express + box..  I went to try to work on it to enable sideloading and none of the secret screens will load.. I can't get any of them to work, has this feature been discontinued... By the way my HD receiver still has the my video buzz channel on it ant it as well has the 8.1 softwear version on it..  
0 Kudos
6 Replies
trekkeriii
Level 10

Re: Side load channels

Yes, Roku has been disabling Side-loading of channels for those using it for non-development purposes.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Level 9

I was using My VIdeo Buzz as well because my old Roku HD boxes are terribly slow loading the youtube app so My Video Buzz was quick and easy to use. So now Roku has disabled it so we can't even do this? First they kill Plex Classic for no reason and now I can't use My Video Buzz either? Don't you all see what Roku is doing, they are killing off anything that works well on older Rokus trying to force everyone to spend more money upgrading to newer Roku units. Everyone hates how slow Plex is on older Rokus and a lot of people don't like the interface but if you kill Classic people are forced to use the new channel which performs terribly on older Rokus, same with youtube. This is nothing but Roku trying to control something that we purchased and trying everything in their power to frustrate us enough with our older Rokus to fork out more money for newer ones. I will NEVER purchase another Roku ever again after seeing how the company's devious schemes and practices have been implemented over the past couple of weeks. I hope others are just as fed up about this as I am, all of us vote with your wallets and stop buying Roku products, all you are doing is putting yourselves at the mercy of a greedy company that has total control over a product that you supposedly "own" but not really. Not if things you use on Roku can be stripped away from you at any moment at Roku's petty whims.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Level 9

"DBDukes" wrote:

Exactly, and they have succeeded. I will be buying new streaming players very soon. They just won't be Rokus.
0 Kudos
driftwood777
Level 7

Well that's a bummer. I've had MyVideoBuzz for several years and now suddenly it has disappeared! I check here to see if anyone else has this problem and sho nuff I ain't alone. I have Roku 3, btw. There's no way to get it back? I have to buy a new Roku, is that what this is about? 

Having said that, I do want to express my gratitude to the developers of MVB. Wow, what a wonderful channel it has been. Better than the main YouTube channel, imo. Definitely more convenient, much quicker to access, easy to FF, easy to view others playlists, etc.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"driftwood777" wrote:
Well that's a bummer. I've had MyVideoBuzz for several years and now suddenly it has disappeared! I check here to see if anyone else has this problem and sho nuff I ain't alone. I have Roku 3, btw. There's no way to get it back? I have to buy a new Roku, is that what this is about? 

Having said that, I do want to express my gratitude to the developers of MVB. Wow, what a wonderful channel it has been. Better than the main YouTube channel, imo. Definitely more convenient, much quicker to access, easy to FF, easy to view others playlists, etc.

The whole "gotta buy a new Roku" thing is the tin foil hat crowd. Join them if you wish. 

From what I understand, Roku has removed Video Buzz at the request of Google. VideoBuzz was used by non-developers as an alternative to the official YouTube channel (among other reasons). This didn't sit well with Google, who owns YouTube. Google, and any content owner, has the right to prevent unauthorized channels from playing their content. Google chose to exercise their right, and Roku complied. link

Not sure what you were using VideoBuzz to do, but if it was to watch YouTube content, the Roku 3 will run the YouTube app just fine.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos