Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwserichards
Level 7

Shutterfly app - only shows landscape view?

I have a pretty new TCL Roku TV and a couple standalone Roku boxes. All of them have the Shutterfly app. None of them show portrait pictures the way they are supposed to display. The app just crops it down until it’s in landscape view, so it just shows whatever’s in the middle of the picture. Is there a workaround for this?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
jwserichards
Level 7

Re: Shutterfly app - only shows landscape view?

Bump?
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there! 

Thanks for the note! If you're running into an issue that is happening in one specific channel (and not in others), you'll want to reach out to the channel publisher directly. Every channel (app) on Roku is built and maintained by the channel provider themselves. In this case, you'll want to reach out to Shutterfly support directly to report the issue and request additional help so they investigate further. 

Looks like you can reach their support team here: https://support.shutterfly.com/s/

Cheers,
Tanner 
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
mc510
Level 7

"jwserichards" wrote:
I have a pretty new TCL Roku TV and a couple standalone Roku boxes. All of them have the Shutterfly app. None of them show portrait pictures the way they are supposed to display. The app just crops it down until it’s in landscape view, so it just shows whatever’s in the middle of the picture. Is there a workaround for this?

Hey, my family is annoyed by the same issue. Were you able to get hold of Shutterfly support to let them know about the issue?
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shutterfly support can be reached directly here: https://support.shutterfly.com/s/article/Contact-Shutterfly-via-Chat-Email-and-Phone-1

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
mc510
Level 7

Well, Shutterfly tells me that they "no longer support the Roku app," so no point waiting for them to fix it  Smiley Sad
It appears that they used to have an API that might have allowed a third party developer to recreate a better version of the abandoned Shutterfly Roku app, but all of Google's links about the API are broken, so I guess they either abandoned that too, or made it restricted-access.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mc510 Thanks for letting us know. I'll forward your feedback over to my team to follow up. 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos