Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
empirefalls
Level 7

Shut out from watching the World Series..despite having SlingTV and Fubo

Fox has the coverage of the World Series , 2018
Not sure who i should be angry at, But could not watch the World Series game or games to be played on Roku.  I am not angry at Roku., But streaming media in general. 
I live in area where a TV antenna does not get a FOX channel. That is not going to work.

I read a Boston Globe article on 'where to watch the World Series' on streaming media.
On Roku, the Series can be watched on FOX Sports Go----But you need a cable or satellite subscription to log in
YouTube TV is not available in my area. 
I added the trial subscription of Direct TV Now.......................................then  found out  Direct TV Now in my area, does not carry FOX
I added the trial subscription of FUBO  channel which promotes itself as the BIG streaming media 'watch live sports'.channel .....then  found out  FUBO in my area, does not carry FOX
There's supposedly HULU TV and Direct TV NOW and some others that have the games.... But naaaw. I give up trying to watch the world series.

Streaming media, the 'cold cutter solution' is not only getting as expensive as satellite and cable, I have learned with Streaming media you never know if your going to be watching a game til it actually starts.

Now i got to tell everyone at work today when they ask if i liked the game last night, i could not watch it, i dont have cable or satellite . 
I dont think satellite and cable are dead industries.  I was thisclose to calling satellite and seeing if my  ex satellite  service can be turned on right away.
0 Kudos
15 Replies

Re: Shut out from watching the World Series..despite having SlingTV and Fubo

Do you understand that you have an opportunity to see what each service offers before you pay for it? If you want to watch the World Series, take some time to research a few days or a couple weeks before the series starts and figure out which service you need. It's not like it's being sprung on you at the last minute.
0 Kudos
empirefalls
Level 7

"scottypie1234" wrote:
Do you understand that you have an opportunity to see what each service offers before you pay for it? If you want to watch the World Series, take some time to research a few days or a couple weeks before the series starts and figure out which service you need. It's not like it's being sprung on you at the last minute.

I did do my homework. And that is typical of streaming media too: always have to do homework.  Unlike satellite and cable where you know in 1 second if you have the channel to watch or not. If not, Then in about another 10 minutes, add it online.

My streaming media homework.   
The article below Said it would be on Sling TV and Fubo.  Then after adding them and it did not work, had to do More streaming media homework, to see subtle details: Sling TV and FUBO will carry the world series games....but maybe not. Swell.  Maybe, maybe not. Not maybe, Maybe not. Maybe, maybe not.
"How to watch, stream and listen to the World Series"
https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-red-sox/2018/10/23/how-to-watch-stream-listen-to-the-world-series

Let;s see, the Super Bowl is 4 months away. Better start doing research now to see if it will be on streaming media and where. 
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

You live so far away from a Fox affiliate that no possible antenna works? I guess I'm spoiled, living in a major metro area, that I can get all the major affiliates via an unamplifiied Mohu Leaf antenna. How far from a major metro area do you live? Ha e you tried all antenna options?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Elijah_Baley
Level 7

On Roku, the Series can be watched on FOX Sports Go----But you need a cable or satellite subscription to log in

If you have a Sling TV subscription that includes Fox you can use it to log into Fox Sports Go. It is just like a cable subscription.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
Tajson
Level 7

"Elijah_Baley" wrote:
If you have a Sling TV subscription that includes Fox you can use it to log into Fox Sports Go. It is just like a cable subscription.

When we had the World Cup this summer, SlingTv Blue (with Fox) would not give access on the Fox website to regular Fox TV Channel (only access to FS1/FS2 content on the website) when the game was broadcasted live on the ota TV channel. Granted, I did not try the Fox Sports GO option.

If the same pattern is true here and the World Series are broadcasted on the regular Fox TV Channel then he would still not have access through SlingTV's credentials.

Edit: And we do get Fox over the air here.
0 Kudos
Tajson
Level 7

"empirefalls" wrote:
Let;s see, the Super Bowl is 4 months away. Better start doing research now to see if it will be on streaming media and where. 

CBS is the OTA broadcaster for that one so you should be fine... if you get CBS with the antenna.
0 Kudos
Tajson
Level 7

DirecTV Now, Youtube TV, and Hulu Live all have a zip code lookup near the channel lineup which will show your local content. (DirecTV Now at the very end and YT/HL just in front of the lineup)
0 Kudos
mikebdoss
Level 8

"empirefalls" wrote:

There's supposedly HULU TV and Direct TV NOW and some others that have the games.... But naaaw. I give up trying to watch the world series.

They offer free trials - you know they have the games, but you didn't spend 5 minutes to sign up for a free trial to see the games? Come on. 
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Level 9

There's a channel PlutoTV you could try. Not sure exactly how it works but it seems to show broadcast TV. Although, I think it just pulls the feed straight from the antennae bc I am near a train station & seems to also interrupt when the train goes by, even when I'm watching thru the Pluto TV app.

Otherwise, maybe the MLB channel?  I haven't checked it out but sometimes the league offers a feed thru them. I know the NBA does this often for TNT games, you can watch a game using the backboard feed. Kinda cool, sometimes they offer the sideline/action feed as well. Pretty sure the NFL did this for the Super Bowl a couple years ago, my parents were in a similar situation, couldn't get Fox or something, but I think the NFL app offered it too, a simulcast of sorts. 

I get what your saying. Streaming is still a workaround, I don't think it's for everyone and there are definitely sacrifices to make. 
0 Kudos