Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkStrobel33
Reel Rookie

Shuffling Youtube Playlists

Jump to solution

Is there anyway to shuffle Youtube playlists using the Youtube channel on the Roku TV?  Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Shuffling Youtube Playlists

Jump to solution

@MarkStrobel33 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MarkStrobel33 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Welshw520
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is not a solution. This is a redirection. The problem is very much unique to Roku's version of the app.

Please remove the "solved" tag, as it is a lie.

WestrnEcho

Jump to solution

Is rokuDanny being serious here???

Flotaku13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

to shuffle music from youtube have your roku tv at the home screen make sure your WiFi is on both devices such as your phone ( laptop or tablet unknown specifically I personally use phone for roku tv) open youtube music or video ,play your selected playlist on shuffle ,then you should be able to cast your shuffled playlist from the app on your phone; you need the roku tv remote app to do this if this doesn't work for you I can try troubleshooting a specific problem if you reply to this comment I'll check back in a week today is Nov 8 20 I'll see ya later love flotaku13 ✌️

Welshw520
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

What if your phone is not capable of casting?

0 Kudos
MarkStrobel33
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried this before posting this thread.  It didn't work for me.

0 Kudos
TonyP47

Jump to solution

Thanks! This worked for me on an iPhone and using the Link with TV code option on my Roku TV.

Flotaku13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

okay so the problem that arose for me was that it ends rather quickly as for casting you need to just use your actual app on the tv from there you can not cast shuffle but and this is a big but you can create a list from your phone of songs you want to play in an order that you prefer this is not a shuffle unfortunately I am very sorry I'll find out more in the coming days I want to make this clear that this is not roku's fault

0 Kudos
Welshw520
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's been a week. Any solutions?

I've tried casting from YouTube's app itself to the TV. No dice. 

I have a 100+ item playlist. I'd still like it to be able to shuffle.

Whether it is Roku's fault or not, I find it disingenuous to mark this issue as "Solved" when the top solution is clearly not a solution at all.