Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Shuffle option missing in Roku Media Player

I'm using the Roku Media Player to serve up music from my DLNA server. When I run the app from a roku streaming stick+ I have no option for shuffle. When I run the app from a TCL Roku TV I do have an option for shuffle. Both are running the same version and build number of the app. Anyone seen this or figured out how to shuffle using a stick?

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Shuffle option missing in Roku Media Player

Good DJ's dont need to be shuffled

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/2941/somafm

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Shuffle option missing in Roku Media Player

I'm facing the same problem and glib smartass answers help no one.

I have over 20,000 songs on a media server and somewhere in the past few updates the shuffle option has disappeared from my Rokus.

Do you have any idea how annoying it is to have 20,000 songs on a hard drive and be unable to access anything other than the first few dozen over and over everytime you start a media session.

And NO, they are NOT pirated MP3's.  I have personally ripped these songs from over a thousand music CDs in my personal collection.

Bloody **bleep**, my Commodore 64 in 1985 could shuffle a playlist.  What's the frigging problem here?

0 Kudos