Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nbeetem
Level 7

Shudder not working July 2020

Is anybody else having issues accessing their Shudder app on the Roku? It will not let us sign in or start a free trial. The app was purchased through the Roku and Shudder is saying that they will "get back to us."

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Shudder not working July 2020

@Nbeetem 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to continue to work with Shudder support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GreenMoose
Level 7

it is now october 8th. i am visiting this page because i am having the same issues. and it appears to not be fixed. wtf is wrong with this how am i supposed to watch it now?

0 Kudos
Ratbert
Level 8

Same problem here! I have a subscription to Shudder, but it asks if I would like to try the 7 day trial. I am logged into Shudder, but I cannot get anything to play. 10/15/2020.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Ratbert 

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Do you have a subscription to Shudder through Roku Pay, or do you have subscription through the channel provider directly?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Ratbert
Level 8

Hi Danny, thanks for reaching out.

I can get to the Shudder channel and log in, but when I try to watch a movie or click on live Shudder TV, it goes to a "start your free trial" screen. If I click on the free trial, I get an error message from my Roku saying that I already have an account with this channel and it kicks me out. I cancelled my subscription to Shudder and that allowed me to delete the channel from Roku and then re-add it, but Shudder still does the same thing. Oddly I can still save movies to my list within Shudder and browse movies - just can't watch them. I have tried restarting my router and Roku multiple times as well as updating it along with the channels to no avail. My subscription is through Roku pay.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Ratbert 

Thanks for the information.

I'd recommend reaching out to Shudder support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Shudder channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: http://support.shudder.com/en/support/home

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Ratbert
Level 8

Thanks for the help/advice Danny. I have a ticket in with Shudder and will update when I get some answers.

Ratbert
Level 8

Nothing seemed to work. Shudder gave me a list of things to try as well:

• Reboot your Roku
  • Confirm that you are still connected to your WiFi or Ethernet network
  • Make sure you have updated to the latest software version and that your device is fully updated by checking your settings
  • Check if your device is running low on memory, and if so, delete old channels to make room
  • Delete and re-download the Shudder  app

If the above steps do not fix the problem, please let me know the following:

• Specific Roku model and installed app version
  • Internet speed - www.speedtest.net (you need a minimum of 15-20 Mbps to watch us)
  • Affected titles
  • Specific error message
  • Photo or video of the issue

None of these fixed the issue, and by this point I was getting tired of wasting hours every night after work trying to get something that worked before to work again. I ended up going through Shudder instead of Roku to get a new subscription. That worked!

0 Kudos
Ratbert
Level 8

Just got a nice follow-up from Shudder:

Thank you for contacting Shudder! So sorry for the continued trouble with your Shudder membership! With our recent app update, we’ve changed systems to improve performance and reliability. For a small number of Shudder members, our old system was unable to export complete subscription information. Unfortunately, your subscription appears to be one of those.  

We suggest that you cancel your subscription via your app store and resubscribe directly on our website in a browser at www.shudder.com. We can then add credit for the remainder of your paid-for subscription and for any lost time, of course!

Best wishes,

The Shudder Team

0 Kudos