Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dawson33

Re: Shudder Subscription Through Roku Not Working

Jump to solution

Total POS. My subscription expires every month and have to manually renew again. So frustrating and I couldn’t even login tonight. Charged me but can’t login. Reset my password but can’t login. Deleted the channel and re-added it but can’t login. So over this **bleep**. Canceled my subscription. Not worth this. Now my food is cold😝😝😝

Ry1973

Jump to solution

This is a real problem. More noise should be made so they respond and resolve the issue. I too am at a loss. Channel errors out because of a Shudder update...then when I try to log into my account again if fails with an error. Can't remove the channel and can't reinstall it. I'm stuck. Roku needs to make it a REQUIREMENT for apps to be able to be removed from the device.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ry1973

Thanks for the post.

If you cannot remove the channel, it most likely means that you still have a subscription to that channel. If you need to remove the channel, we would recommend unsubscribing to the channel, then proceeding to remove, restart, and then re-add the channel. Then once the channel has been re-installed, you can re-subscribe to the channel to see if the issue you are experiencing is resolved.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Chaos423
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Call Roku and get them involved that’s what solved my Shudder problem. They had me delete the channel and then they gave me a password so basically I think what they had to do was delete my account and then re-add it but Roku got it done call them.

(816) 272-8106

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Chaos423  this post is over six months old I’m sure the problem has been solved by now

0 Kudos
ZombiZeke

Jump to solution

No, this is still a thing. If you subscribe through Roku for Shudder and you have issues, you cannot delete the app. You have to unsubscribe (ie cancel your sub), re-install, re-subscribe. They have not fixed this.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ZombiZeke

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MurphinUSA
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I recently signed up for the 7 day free trial on my Roku. Just before the free 7 days were up, I cancelled the impending monthly subscription (which I was signed up for) and purchased the annual subscription so I could save some money. Ever since I did this, I cannot log in to Shudder on the Roku. I've tried deleting the channel and re-adding, unplugging the Roku for 2 min, etc. Nothing I do works. When I try to login to the Shudder channel through Roku, I get an error that says "You already have an account with active subscription. Try to log in. 2500-000000-607" This is after I've entered the correct email/password. I cannot get in to the app anymore. Please fix this issue that apparently is still very much a problem. Can someone help me get my access restored?

Model: 3800X - Roku Streaming Stick

Software version: 11.0.0 Build 4193-55 (says it's up to date)

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@MurphinUSA

Thanks for the post.

If you have a subscription to Shudder through Roku Pay, are you trying to access the Shudder Channel through The Roku Channel or are you trying to access through the channel directly.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MurphinUSA
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

I'm trying to access Shudder through the channel directly. I have tried deleting, then re-installing the channel on my Roku but it still won't work. 

Let me know if you're able to help, thanks!

0 Kudos