Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toriderrough
Level 7

Showtime through Roku

I’m subscribed to Showtime via Roku, but when I go to Showtime, it is now asking for a login. What login should I be using?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Showtime through Roku

What do you mean by "when I go to Showtime"?  If you subscribe through Roku you can only watch via a Roku device or possibly The Roku Channel app on other devices.

toriderrough
Level 7

Correct...when I select the Showtime app from the Roku Home Screen it takes me to Showtime, but now asks for login info. It has never done this before. My subscription is current and has never changed. I’ve also tried accessing through the Roku channel as a previous post suggested, but still being prompted for a login.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

If you subscribed directly through Showtime you should be using those credentials.  There have been plenty of reports of people having to sign-in to different channels/apps over and over again, but I've never seen any resolution.

If you subscribed through Roku using your Roku payment method then there shouldn't be any need to sign-in. 

You can check your Roku subscriptions at:  https://my.roku.com/account/subscriptions

makaiguy
Level 21

I don't know if this applies to all channels, but at least for many of the ones you can subscribe to through Roku, if you do subscribe through Roku you may only be able to access it through The Roku Channel.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
demsd
Level 13

@toriderrough wrote:

I’m subscribed to Showtime via Roku, but when I go to Showtime, it is now asking for a login. What login should I be using?

You have to access content subscribed through the Roku Channel via the channel. The content will also be available in the live guide, at least it is on the Roku TVs.

My advice. Cancel Showtime via your Roku Account, then signup either on the Showtime website or the Showtime channel. It seems you get shortchanged when signing up for services via the Roku Channel, but pay the same price. From what I can tell, you only get access to two live Showtime channels via the Roku Channel, but have access to all of them if you sign up directly with Showtime. Epix Now is the same way. I ended up cancelling via the Roku Channel, then signed up via the Epix channel so that I could get all 4 channels [Epix, Epix 2, Epix Hits & Epix Drive-In] for the same price.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV