Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Showtime Anytime channel won't launch

Jump to solution

None of the suggestions worked. I have looked online and there are a lot of us suddenly stuck with the Showtime Anytime app hung on the loading screen.

Uninstalled and factory reset and still no change. 

Are we all on the same Roku Streaming stick version? No one has even asked. I have the:

3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have two Roku Sticks and a Premiere +. All 3 have gone through all of the suggested steps, factory reset, un-linked from my account and re-linked. The Showtime Anytime app still gets hung up while trying to launch.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Everyone who keeps responding to my post,  thank you, But Roku has marked this post as "solved." Their solution? Call Showtime! Seems they're not concerned about this issue at all and we've become a mutual commiseration society. 

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Vmacdonald @JonL Thanks for continuing to share the reports here. 

This behavior can occur if you are trying to use the channel while your device is connected to a network that is reporting a different location than your account. For example, if your IP address somehow reported that you were in another location, such as the UK, this behavior would occur as that location isn't supported for playback using a Roku device linked to a US Roku account. The use of VPNs or other network services to try and circumvent geo-restrictions in place would also not be supported. 

There are a few things you can try: 

1. Confer with your internet service provider to have them check your IP address, and ensure that it is registered properly in their systems to reflect the correct location. 

2. Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen, then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your device reboots, then add the channel back once more. 

3. Perform a factory reset on your device. This will clear all data, channels and logins from your device, and allow you to set it up from scratch. 

4. If you've moved locations from one region/country to another, since you began using your Roku account/device, you can try visiting www.roku.com and creating a new Roku account in your current region/location. Once you've created a new account, factory reset your device once more, then link it to your new Roku account, and install the channel once more. See if this resolves the issue you were seeing. 

Please keep us posted from there. We'd also recommend contacting Showtime support to report the issue if still unresolved, and requesting additional assistance. You can reach their support team here: https://help.showtime.com/hc/en-us or by calling 1 (800) 746-9846.

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

No it does not

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I have gotten several Showtime Anytime codes. Nothing works. I used to have Showtime in DirecTv and no problems, you simply cannot Activate it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Its not working roku not down in the tv provider part of things for show time stop being lazy fix your own app your just giving us bs same answers bs solutions everyone tried restarting why don't you do your job figure out what's wrong with your app ill take my whole tv back just to not have the roku app 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Byount 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that Roku is not a TV provider when you are trying to activate a channel such as Showtime Anytime. 

Channels such as this may require a TV or cable provide subscription to access the content.

For more information, visit our Support page here: Will I have to pay for channels?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

OMG Danny, did you even read any of this? Do you really think I'm that stupid. What an insulting reply. Of course, I have a Showtime subscription. Just as I have an HBO, Hulu and Starz subscription. But I watch all my paid subscription channels on demand using my Roku box. I USED TO watch Showtime Anytime using my Roku box, but your app stopped working. I can still access it using the SA app on my tablet, but I'd rather watch my shows on the TV using Roku.

Please fix it and stop treating your customers like idiots.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Any update here? I have been getting stuck on the activation page for Showtime Anytime for weeks now. 

After adding my cable credentials in I continue to receive the following message:

LOGIN ERROR

An error occurred during login. Please try again.

0 Kudos