Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Showtime Anytime channel won't launch

Jump to solution

All other channels work fine, but when trying to launch Showtime Anytime it just sounds and spins. I've deleted and reloaded the channel. I've deleted the channel, did a system restart and system update  (said it was already updated).  Still not working.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Showtime Anytime channel won't launch

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the note.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Showtime Anytime directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform, including Showtime, are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

You can reach them here: https://help.showtime.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@jordaniel227 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Showtime Anytime support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Showtime support here: https://help.showtime.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've noticed the same thing on my stick + over that past day or 2. Hope we get a fix soon. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue over the past week. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine won't load either. I took the same steps you described. 2 days now of not loading. #showtimeanytime

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the note.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes several times still not loading

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Please read more carefully as I wrote that I already tried. Actually, several times. Other posters seem to have as well. Kindly take a closer look at this issue.

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the note.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Showtime Anytime directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform, including Showtime, are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

You can reach them here: https://help.showtime.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny,

Your suggestion did not help/work. I have reset my stick, removed the channel, reloaded channel, I've tried every possibility and still won't load. Keeps buffering till it times out. I can watch S.A. on my phone and computer but not on my tv via roku. It has been weeks since I could access the channel via roku. Please help.

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Bunne 

Thanks for the note. As a next step, try performing a factory reset on your device from Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset 

Then, once you set your device up again, try launching the channel once more and let us know if that helps clear up the issue. 

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos