Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imemine
Level 11

Shows on Roku channel keeps freezing

This just started today May 17th. I'm trying to watch the Roku channel an older show from the 60s and right in the middle of each show they lock up the screen freezes the remote won't work anymore and then it pops out and goes back to the home screen. Anybody else having problems? 

I exited out and restarted the Roku but it hasn't helped any. Any advice will be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Shows on Roku channel keeps freezing

Hi @Imemine

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only happen on specific content or regardless of the show you are watching on The Roku Channel? If it only happens on certain content, please reply to this message with the title for further assistance. 

All the best, 
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Imemine
Level 11

I tried to put the title in but it blocked it. dickvandyke show. It happens when I try to fast forward or back up the screen freezes. Now I'm watching 60 days in and it does the same thing with that I'm on season 1 episode 7. For some reason the remote control stops working it's delayed. Even when I try to pause it it's delayed. Yes I have put new batteries in.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Appreciate the reply, @Imemine

Can you please provide us the following information:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Can you provide the content title that you are experiencing this issue
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Imemine
Level 11

I don't mean to be rude but what's the title of this subject? And then you asked me all the same questions that I've answered above. I don't feel this is helping me it's just making me frustrated but I appreciate you writing back.

0 Kudos