Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cpelkey

Show on Roku Channel not playing

I can see that seasons 1-5 are available on the Roku Channel, but I can’t get it to play. When I select an episode (and I have tried many from all seasons), it seems to begin to load, only to quickly return to the prior screen for choosing an episode.

I have tried searching for this issue on the boards, and see it might be something to do with my isp location? I am located in the US.

Is this show not really available to me? Why can I see it if it isn’t? 

25 REPLIES 25
FlynnK
Channel Surfer

Re: Show on Roku Channel not playing

I'm having this same issue. I've tried turning it off and on as well as resetting it... Nothing is fixing it.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@FlynnK @Cpelkey 

Thanks for the note.

What TV show title are you trying to view on The Roku Channel? Can you please also provide me with your device model and serial number, along with the OS version that your device is running. This information can be found in Settings > System > About.

Once I have that information I will be able to investigate further the issue that you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FlynnK
Channel Surfer

4670x - Roku ultra

Yj006y709453

9.2.0 build 4807-46

This was happening for over 24 hours on all of the shows I tried to watch on the Roku Channel. 

I can now watch shows on there. 

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@FlynnK  What is the name of the TV show you are referencing that you are experiencing an issue with? We need this information in order to investigate a potential issue. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
FlynnK
Channel Surfer

From 2 weeks ago? I think I watched batman the dark Knight? 

I *also* tried several other shows, they didn't work. I also turn it off and on. I also used the reset button. None of that worked. 

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@FlynnK  Are you still experiencing any issue at the moment? If not, we'll go ahead and close out this topic. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
FlynnK
Channel Surfer

"I can now watch shows on there"

0 Kudos
Jen22201
Channel Surfer

Cold Case episodes won’t play. It’s loading forever then says it’s unable to play this content. Other shows on Roku Channel will play though. I’ve tried the app on both of my new Samsung Smart TVs.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jen22201 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide a specific episode title that you are experiencing this issue so we can investigate further?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos